Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

4 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

This is kind of were I was coming from about the inexperienced refs. They don't seem to have that personality, but it's not so much of an issue [to PMGOL] because they have VAR to "back them up".

Yesterday the ref should have told Lee Mason to fuck off, butt out, and don't be fucking stupid. 

Yeah i get what you mean, you would have thought the training would help and i guess that also a big part of the problem. I've always been taught the on field ref has the final say, you can overrule your assistants if you think you saw something correctly and they didn't. 

If they're going down the route of meek officials, who only act after consulting a VAR official, then what's the point, just let the VAR ref, do it from a studio.

Edited by Bimpy474

Prediction:  Because the focus has been on referees wrongly overturning goals after looking at VAR (and Michael Oliver was praised for being possibly the first to stick to his guns even after some old twat in his ear asked him to look at the screen) for the next few weeks there's going to be a knee-jerk the other way with refs reluctant to rule a goal out even after looking at VAR and seeing there was a potential infringement.  And one of these dodgy goals that stands as a result is going to go against us.

Their apology and acknowledgement that they fucked up means nothing, doesn't benefit us in any way. There will be no meaningful change to what's happening and we're just s likely to get shafted in the future, they're just trying miserably to deflect some of the tsunami of criticism that's headed their way. Like a smackhead promising they're going to go clean for the 20th time. Means fuck all. 

So they admitted they are wrong and then what? is that supposed to make it all better now?

it wasn't just the fact that they were wrong it was the fact that there was a deliberate attempt to over-turn a correct decision by showing an inexperienced ref a deceptive angle of the incident and asking him to cancel the goal, there's a difference between a mistake and doing that, Shearer said it was unfair on the players and the managers and i agree, it's also extremely unfair on the fans who a lot of must be thinking what is the bloody point when it feels almost scripted against you.

Aye, do we now get given the 1-0 win?

Do we get given the goal and replay from them on?

It means fuck all because they will do it again and keep doing it and keep making meaningless apologies. They are only making this apology because they have been caught out too deep for even them to ignore.

13 minutes ago, BottledDog said:

Feel there has been a liberal amount of people calling them cunts on here.

Are any lawyers happy to call them cunts yet?

Not a lawyer, but reckon there is a legal basis to call them cunts and sue them for being legally speaking, cunts.

Aye but only a cunt would sue them.

Really good of PGMOL to provide mental health therapy and counselling for the two poor mites having suffered abuse for being fucking shit at their jobs and ruining thousands of people's weekends up and down the country. Why not go the whole hog and give them a paid week off at a country spa so they can really unwind?

What they fail to realise is that if referees were held to account for their shit decision making they'd get a hell of a lot less abuse on Twitter or in public. There's no avenue for people to vent their frustrations officially that'll do any good so they resort to those - not condoning it but it makes perfect sense.

Edited by Pilko

I don’t understand how anyone think the West Ham decision was worse than ours btw. Bowen does drag his foot over Mendy & that gives Mendy the opportunity to play act. Willock is about to head the ball, gets shoved in the back & clatters into Guita.

Mitchell was endangering 2 players & it could have been really nasty. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

I don’t understand how anyone think the West Ham decision was worse than ours btw. Bowen does drag his foot over Mendy & that gives Mendy the opportunity to play act. Willock is about to head the ball, gets shoved in the back & clatters into Guita.

Mitchell was endangering 2 players & it could have been really nasty. 

They're both terrible decisions.

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Even though its an old article it goes to show that the stupid cunt wasn't up to the job in the first place and was known to be clueless already :lol:. He was also the ref who panicked and blew his whistle twice with a fast freekick for Brighton:

Absolute state of him in that video. Changes his mind 3 times, clearly hasnt got a fucking clue what he's done and how to rectify it. I mean he has proven time and time again to be substandard yet still gets put in positions which are so important. It boggles the mind

Edited by Pokerprince2004

21 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Even though its an old article it goes to show that the stupid cunt wasn't up to the job in the first place and was known to be clueless already :lol:. He was also the ref who panicked and blew his whistle twice with a fast freekick for Brighton:

Absolute state of him in that video. Changes his mind 3 times, clearly hasnt got a fucking clue what he's done and how to rectify it. I mean he has proven time and time again to be substandard yet still gets put in positions which are so important. It boggles the mind

Just look at that shit man, played it over and over trying to find the slightest thing to disallow it and vindicate a clueless cunt.