Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

So LFEE, did you see the full match? :)

No... Only game along with Forest away and the USA friendlies that I've not... And I never once said I was... I was commenting on the goal he scored and an observation on what he was like before his injury.... So in a nutshell as great a goal it was... It still highlighted to me he's not as rapid quick that he was before his injury... And also that it's a shame we missed watching him intergrate into the team due to that injury... I.E. highlighting what a shame and impact a serious injury can have short and mid term... The long term is where I'm hoping to be proved wrong...

I'm sorry like, but that is such a baseless observation, LFEE.

I don't see how... May I ask how much of HBA you have seen before his injury?... To say he's not as slender or has the same amount of acceleration in my opinion is head in sand material... If you've didn't see much of him Pre injury try and locate some footage... I'm guessing there is plenty available...

Comments on the last page:

I'd even have Obertan ahead of this lad. We need a LW and I don't think Ben Arfa is the answer... He could possibly be good, but who knows ?

Really I would take him Obertan every time, I don't think he necessarily the answer but he has loads of talent, at this point it looks like he will waste it

:lol:

:lol:

Regarding Ben Arfa's pace, doesn't look like he's lost any judging from yesterday.

Liked the sound of Pardew's quotes too. Good to hear that he may now reassess his options and actually start Hatem on the wing from now on.....

I don't see how... May I ask how much of HBA you have seen before his injury?... To say he's not as slender or has the same amount of acceleration in my opinion is head in sand material... If you've didn't see much of him Pre injury try and locate some footage... I'm guessing there is plenty available...

You´re just paranoid man. If (if!)there is any change to his explosiveness, that would most probably be due to loss of muscle mass in his broken leg, which is just a temporary thing.

Can´t say I´ve noticed he is any less explosive/slower, so Im sticking with the paranoid theory.

Which is exactly what I'm saying... I.E. not quite like what he was like against Blackpool/Everton/Stoke... Not saying the lad is a million miles away...  I reiterate... It's a shame we missed watching him develope for us in the team for a year and that now he's returned he's not as quick over those first 10-15 yards...

I don't see any loss of pace with Ben Arfa and his ability to accelerate over such a short distance is frightening, he's lost nothing due to his injury other than a year of his career.

Perhaps cliched but he really does go past defenders like they're not there.

Journos on twitter were really raving about him for the first 30 minutes or so, saying he created quite a bit and looked class on the ball.  They said the reverse pass for Cabaye's miss was sublime and he got down the line a few times.  Watched the highlights on NUFCTV and there was none of it! 

Didn't see the Williamson chance off the bar or when Best nearly tapped into an open net.  Poor quality as well, if you're not a member and you were thinking of paying just to watch this, save your money.

Oh and that goal  :smitten: Shades od Messi vs Getafe.

Journos on twitter were really raving about him for the first 30 minutes or so, saying he created quite a bit and looked class on the ball.  They said the reverse pass for Cabaye's miss was sublime and he got down the line a few times.  Watched the highlights on NUFCTV and there was none of it! 

Didn't see the Williamson chance off the bar or when Best nearly tapped into an open net.  Poor quality as well, if you're not a member and you were thinking of paying just to watch this, save your money.

Oh and that goal  :smitten: Shades od Messi vs Getafe.

Agree with this. Don't sign up just for the highlights.

”It did help him,” he said. “Before I arrived, there were suggestions that he had played wide and didn’t want to play there. But Hatem has to understand that it’s about the team, and where we think he fits in best is where we are going to put him. But his talent was there for everybody to see today.”

Pardew on Ben Arfa playing out wide.

Very interesting.

You´re just paranoid man. If (if!)there is any change to his explosiveness, that would most probably be due to loss of muscle mass in his broken leg, which is just a temporary thing.

Can´t say I´ve noticed he is any less explosive/slower, so Im sticking with the paranoid theory.

It is ok to agree to disagree... And I do... Not by much... But noticeable enough...

I think Pardew is talking shit there tbh, or atleast exagerating the point as Ben Arfa would certainly rather be player wide ahead of Obertan instead of sitting on the bench.

"Before I arrived, there were suggestions..." sort of supports this too, fuck 'suggestions' Pards, what has he told you, what have you learned whilst you've actualy been here?

I won't deny that there's a possibility that he's lost half a yard of pace; i hadn't seen much of the player before he joined us. All i know was that he was fast as fuck yesterday, so whilst it's a touch disappointing that the injury has had any effect on him at all, i can probably live with it. On the basis that he's still class.

I think Pardew is talking s*** there tbh, or atleast exagerating the point as Ben Arfa would certainly rather be player wide ahead of Obertan instead of sitting on the bench.

"Before I arrived, there were suggestions..." sort of supports this too, f*** 'suggestions' Pards, what has he told you, what have you learned whilst you've actualy been here?

Yh i agree tbh........

Behind the main striker maybe Ben Arfa's favourite position but think he would rather play on the wing than not play at all.

Jonas-Tioté-Cabaye-Hatem is a brilliant midfield if Jonas is on form. I'd say Cheik and Cabaye's workload enables someone like Hatem to drift infield and perhaps not track back as much as Jonas does, especially against lesser sides. When we play better teams we can just stick Abeid or Vuckic in the middle and take Best/Shola out of the equation to balance it a bit more.

Jonas-Tioté-Cabaye-Hatem is a brilliant midfield if Jonas is on form. I'd say Cheik and Cabaye's workload enables someone like Hatem to drift infield and perhaps not track back as much as Jonas does, especially against lesser sides. When we play better teams we can just stick Abeid or Vuckic in the middle and take Best/Shola out of the equation to balance it a bit more.

It should look like this long term IMO......

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ben Arfa           

Ba

New CF

Might be a bit more attacking than currently and might ship a bit more goals than have done but with one defensive winger in Jonas backed up by an attacking fullback in Santon and an attacking winger in Ben Arfa backed up by a defensive fullback who ever that is then its balanced and would work imo.