Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

The lass who sits behind me HATES Ben Arfa. Absolutely hates him. All I heard first half was "fuuuhhhhhckin' hell man. He's soooooo lazy. He just stands there. And he's sooooo greedy"

She piped down a bit when he scored like. :lol:

The lass who sits behind me HATES Ben Arfa. Absolutely hates him. All I heard first half was "fuuuhhhhhckin' hell man. He's soooooo lazy. He just stands there. And he's sooooo greedy"

In his first season he never tracked back but now he seems to do that a lot, so I can't see how anyone can call him lazy.

My gripe has always been the same as everyone else's, sometimes he needs to know when to pass it to someone else. Despite this the guy is my favourite player at the club.

I don't get the comments about him being captain come from, yeah I think his attitude has changed dramatically from what it was when he was at other clubs and yeah I think he's got passion for the club, however I just don't think he is a natural leader.

In his first season he never tracked back but now he seems to do that a lot, so I can't see how anyone can call him lazy.

My gripe has always been the same as everyone else's, sometimes he needs to know when to pass it to someone else. Despite this the guy is my favourite player at the club.

I don't get the comments about him being captain come from, yeah I think his attitude has changed dramatically from what it was when he was at other clubs and yeah I think he's got passion for the club, however I just don't think he is a natural leader.

Depends what you want from a captain. Most thought Cabaye would be decent, me included, and I'd argue Colo isn't really a leader. What Ben Arfa does do is drag the team forward when the chips are down. Colo aside I can't see who would be a good choice, certainly not Taylor

Mbiwa and Sissoko certainly have captaincy credentials.

Despite him being everywhere yesterday I do think team mates sometimes don't make runs when he's on the ball because they know the little beggar won't pass it. I saw it happen a couple of times yesterday, but I'm hoping it improves when Remy starts more matches. Once him and Gouffran started stretching the play, Ben Arfa started releasing the ball quicker I thought.

Without too much 'dissection' of Pardew's comments; am a little disappointed that he played down his creativity and labelled some of the stuff he did as poor. What does he want from him?

One of the only things I give credit to Pardew for is managing Ben Arfa correctly and I think he still is here. Basically he's treating him as he is, a world class talent, so his standards are higher for him than of other players. Used to annoy the hell out of me 2 years ago when Pardew would constantly criticise Ben Arfa for something and then someone like Obertan would get praised. Further down the line now I can see what he's doing. Obertan was at his limits whereas Ben Arfa always had another level he can go to when he's focused.

He's right as well because for just over half of that game Hatem was making incorrect decisions, for example shooting from 30 odd yards when he's got people in the box etc.

2nd half was far better as he was shooting at the right times and crossing at the right times.

Guest alijmitchell

Pretty sure one of the reasons people hate on him is because he reminds them of the kid at school who was way better than you and would never pass. He's too good for some people.

Without too much 'dissection' of Pardew's comments; am a little disappointed that he played down his creativity and labelled some of the stuff he did as poor. What does he want from him?

One of the only things I give credit to Pardew for is managing Ben Arfa correctly and I think he still is here. Basically he's treating him as he is, a world class talent, so his standards are higher for him than of other players. Used to annoy the hell out of me 2 years ago when Pardew would constantly criticise Ben Arfa for something and then someone like Obertan would get praised. Further down the line now I can see what he's doing. Obertan was at his limits whereas Ben Arfa always had another level he can go to when he's focused.

He's right as well because for just over half of that game Hatem was making incorrect decisions, for example shooting from 30 odd yards when he's got people in the box etc.

2nd half was far better as he was shooting at the right times and crossing at the right times.

Agreed, Pardew isn't a totally inept manager across all accounts. His man-management is often very good with almost all our players.

Agreed, Pardew isn't a totally inept manager across all accounts. His man-management is often very good with almost all our players.

:thup:

The fact that Shola hasn't been let go is proof of that. He likes everyone. He seems like a nice person, just a terrible manager, who shouldn't be managing this football club.