Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

In a footballing sense it breaks my heart that we have a player of his quality playing and wanting to play for us, with a manager that puts his professional investment into players like Jonas and Perch. It's tragic.

One hand is pinning the other one down.

Doesn't Pardew love Hatem as well though? I get your point about Jonas and Perch but this is a dodgy example.

What's love got do, got to do with it?

:iamatwat:

Nah, but seriously. What's that got to do with it? Pardew loving him doesn't change the point that he's hamstrung by Pardew's 'style'

I though your point was that Pardew prefers Jonas and Perch. In fact he obviously rates HBA as one of our best players and starts him every game. I agree our poor general play is affecting him, but it affects everyone.

The point was more far reaching than Ben Arfa regarding the players that Pardew invests more in. Examples being Jonas and Perch being clearly seen as more valuable than Marveaux and Gouffran. Pardew shouldn't be anywhere near his profession imo.

Ah right, fair enough then, just not what I was responding to.

I just walked past, he's still there.  Everyone else has gone home, the serving staff have fallen asleep and the chef has gone out to catch a cat as he's run out of meat.  Hatem was chewing on the table to keep him going until the next course.

Every all you can eat buffet in Newcastle is quaking in it's boots right now.

Guest hatem garrincha

Really don't want to see this thread bumped until the summer window closes. I freak out every time, can't help myself.

He'll go nowhere. Next season is WC season. At Newcastle, he'll play week in, week out.

Going elswhere might be risqy.

If he can stay injury free, he'll be great, just like before the Euros...

This might just be wishful thinking but I think he actually likes being here, the big fish in a relatively small pond (on field success). Given how much of his early career was wasted I think he sees this as a good situation for him, he likes the city, seems to get on great with the other players and the manager. He knows he's pretty much the main star.

Yeah, he seems happy here for now but if we have another disastrous season next year then I think the patience of our better players will be streched thin.  Next season is going to be so important to us, if we can do alright then we have a good chance of keeping our big names and pushing on.  Don't even want to think of the 2014/15 squad if we're flirting with relegation again next season.

Jesus, 'flirting' with relegation, we took it home and banged it senseless this season.

Yeah, hopefully they see it as one bad season and don't want to jump ship just yet. Next season is massive. Realistically the top 6 is set, although if Spurs sell Bale that might change.

Guest hatem garrincha

Who's behind @LeazesTerrace account in twitter ?

He named Ben Arfa as one of the Pardew factors that led to NUFC bad season, alongside names like Shola, Williamson or Gosling  :lol:

Here are some of his prescriptions for next season :

Leazes Terrace ‏@LeazesTerrace  19 Mai 

Here's to next season. To not accepting a refusal to play football in the opposition's half. To not accepting abysmal defending.

To not accepting 'Gosling comes on, Anita stays on the bench'. To not accepting Hatem Ben Arfa playing in his own little world.

To not accepting every set-piece being 'lump it to Taylor / Williamson'. To not accepting 'Shola starts up front on his own'

To not accepting bare mediocrity. LT out.

Again about Ben Arfa, in answer to a fan from another club who likes HBA :

Leazes Terrace ‏@LeazesTerrace  21 Mai 

@jabennett_ husk of a man - very rare you see him at his best, let alone playing these days. Ran around like a kid on a playground on Sunday

This might just be wishful thinking but I think he actually likes being here, the big fish in a relatively small pond (on field success). Given how much of his early career was wasted I think he sees this as a good situation for him, he likes the city, seems to get on great with the other players and the manager. He knows he's pretty much the main star.

Yeah, I'd agree with this too - I worry far less about Ben Arfa leaving than the likes of Colo, Cabaye and Krul...

Guest Haris Vuckic

Who's behind @LeazesTerrace account in twitter ?

He named Ben Arfa as one of the Pardew factors that led to NUFC bad season, alongside names like Shola, Williamson or Gosling  :lol:

Here are some of his prescriptions for next season :

Here's to next season. To not accepting a refusal to play football in the opposition's half. To not accepting abysmal defending.

To not accepting 'Gosling comes on, Anita stays on the bench'. To not accepting Hatem Ben Arfa playing in his own little world.

To not accepting every set-piece being 'lump it to Taylor / Williamson'. To not accepting 'Shola starts up front on his own'

To not accepting bare mediocrity. LT out.

Again about Ben Arfa, in answer to a fan from another club who likes HBA :

Leazes Terrace ‏@LeazesTerrace  21 Mai 

@jabennett_ husk of a man - very rare you see him at his best, let alone playing these days. Ran around like a kid on a playground on Sunday

He's a whopper that kid.