Newcastle United 3 - 0 Man Utd - 04/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

That. Was. Mint. Completely deserved it, no dodgy decisions or anything, more than matched them. Think I nearly snapped my dad's brittle bones hugging him after the third. Well worth going out in the rain for. I love you guys :aww:

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "The story of the game is they had two fantastic goals which put them in the driving seat and they weren't going to lose it. We have had our opportunity and it's advantage to Man City. We don't normally have back-to-back defeats but the plus point is we had some players back tonight. It's not a time for panic, we have the experience to cope with it. We need to get the show on the road in terms of the run in."

Fair enough from him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If this is a disgrace of a game, Mike is banned from starting match threads ever again.

Mike to create every match day thread in 2012!  :indi: :indi: :indi: :indi:

Ba 10 The perfect performance. More than a goal and incredible hold-up play, that was actually a captain's performance too. When we started to get nervy after taking the lead, he calmed everyone the f*** down by being superb, measured and intelligent. Just fantastic. Can't think of a better striker in the country at the minute.

Nah, Van Persie is still the better all round player by a fair bit. But Ba's ball striking technique is up there with the very best.

Krul 8 - People criticise his distribution still (*cough*Yorkie*cough* :razz:) but his rapid progress has blinded people to how young and inexperienced he is, not that you could tell from a performance like tonight. His growth has been astounding. He commands his box, he knows when to run out and he is brave as fuck when he does. Absolutely fantastic.

Simpson 7.5 Another spectacular crucial clearance - was understandably stretched at times, but came forward really well and defended decently. Well played Daddy Simpson.

Colo 9 No words needed surely? I'm starting to reconsider where he is in the list of the world's top CBs :bluestar:

Williamson 8 Fantastic. So proud of the guy for some reason :lol: Thought he was better than Saylor before he was displaced from the team (which was primarily because of Saylor's goalscoring run at the tail end of last season IIRC). Anyway, great player to have. Gutsy dude.

Santon 8.5 What a prospect. Still a rough diamond, but bellisimo! (sp?)

Raylor 7 Not to put a dampener on proceedings but I thought he was a little ragged in his play, but had some nice moments and at least worked far harder than the dude he replaced. Tough job to do given Man Utd's wideplayers. Good effort and a reasonable shift.

Cabaye 9 If not for Demba 'the Hitman' Ba, he'd be my MOTM. As it is, Yohan the 'Excellence of Execution' Cabaye just gets buckets of praise. Doesn't impress against big teams my backside :lol:

Tiote 9 Incredible. BEAST. Ours?

Jonas 7.5 His performance I'm certain will be underrated, but he did fantastic work for the team. His ability to squeeze our team up the pitch will be overlooked I'm sure, but he is so integral from relieving attacking pressure on us, and getting us out of there. Turning the corner.

Ba 10 The perfect performance. More than a goal and incredible hold-up play, that was actually a captain's performance too. When we started to get nervy after taking the lead, he calmed everyone the fuck down by being superb, measured and intelligent. Just fantastic. Can't think of a better striker in the country at the minute.

Shola 8 Nothing fancy, but battled like a warrior and helped us keep possession up the pitch. Well played Shola :D

This. Well said.

Krul 8 - People criticise his distribution still (*cough*Yorkie*cough* :razz:) but his rapid progress has blinded people to how young and inexperienced he is, not that you could tell from a performance like tonight. His growth has been astounding. He commands his box, he knows when to run out and he is brave as fuck when he does. Absolutely fantastic.

Simpson 7.5 Another spectacular crucial clearance - was understandably stretched at times, but came forward really well and defended decently. Well played Daddy Simpson.

Colo 9 No words needed surely? I'm starting to reconsider where he is in the list of the world's top CBs :bluestar:

Williamson 8 Fantastic. So proud of the guy for some reason :lol: Thought he was better than Saylor before he was displaced from the team (which was primarily because of Saylor's goalscoring run at the tail end of last season IIRC). Anyway, great player to have. Gutsy dude.

Santon 8.5 What a prospect. Still a rough diamond, but bellisimo! (sp?)

Raylor 7 Not to put a dampener on proceedings but I thought he was a little ragged in his play, but had some nice moments and at least worked far harder than the dude he replaced. Tough job to do given Man Utd's wideplayers. Good effort and a reasonable shift.

Cabaye 9 If not for Demba 'the Hitman' Ba, he'd be my MOTM. As it is, Yohan the 'Excellence of Execution' Cabaye just gets buckets of praise. Doesn't impress against big teams my backside :lol:

Tiote 9 Incredible. BEAST. Ours?

Jonas 7.5 His performance I'm certain will be underrated, but he did fantastic work for the team. His ability to squeeze our team up the pitch will be overlooked I'm sure, but he is so integral from relieving attacking pressure on us, and getting us out of there. Turning the corner.

Ba 10 The perfect performance. More than a goal and incredible hold-up play, that was actually a captain's performance too. When we started to get nervy after taking the lead, he calmed everyone the fuck down by being superb, measured and intelligent. Just fantastic. Can't think of a better striker in the country at the minute.

Shola 8 Nothing fancy, but battled like a warrior and helped us keep possession up the pitch. Well played Shola :D

Pretty much spot on these ratings.

2227: Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "We won because we controlled the game in terms of what we wanted to do. We would not let them play. Physically and aerially we had an advantage and capitalised on that. We broke up their play so many times today. We beat the champions 3-0 and probably deserved that scoreline. We have had a great season so far without turning over one of the top teams. Today we had our best team out there and it showed."

Fergies actually rather humble in defeat for once

That's 'cause there is absolute no excuse whatsoever.

Tbf, Howard Webb didn't award four consecutive penalties to Man Utd at the end. A little bit disappointing. ;)

[Fair play for being so graceful yerself, Froggy :thup: I know you're a Manc twat and all, but you've earned some respect 'round these 'ere parts by sticking around too, I imagine]

:yao: Fuck Froggy.

Apparently this was a chant at one point: "Colleen is a slapper, she wears a wonder bra... And when she's shaggin' Rooney she thinks of Demba Ba"  :lol: :lol:

Thats magnificent.

That was by far the best game of the season.

Do you still want him sacked in the summer?

:lol:

I see your going after every single naysayer tonight. Take it easy!

Can't say I blame you though, they can be so friggin' tiresome.

What a f*cking performance, everyone from Danny Simpson to Demba Ba were f*cking awesome.......

Tiote was a fcking monster tonight, i honestly believe Rooney was scared of him  :tiote:

Cabaye's free kick  :smitten:

I am never questioning Pardew ever again......

I also thought Santon was fantastic and surely starting LB for now on..