Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 15/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 42

Mike

We really need that new contract to Guthrie. Started rusty but he was great after Cabaye went off. Santon was good too.

Ameobi is just depressing. Even his running style makes me depressed. In my short life I'm sure I have watched Shola play football enough already.

You'll be wacthing the running style for a lot longer!!! Even if Shola's gone some day there's Sammy to keep the ghost of Ameobi family at SJP:)

Sammy is different, he doesn't drag his feet like Shola does. :lol:

Krul - 7 - Had a good game, but not that much to do.

Simpson - 6 - Screw up several times while going forward, but was decent at the back. Always lumped it up field.

Colo - 8 - Was just a standard Colo performance.

Williamson - 7 - Had a decent game, mad few good clearances, and defended well.

Santon - 9 - My man of the match, defended excellently and made things happen when he went forward.

Guthrie - 8 - Made good passes and made play happen. Glad he's back, and seems good cover for Tiote while he's at the ACN.

Cabaye - 7 - Was ok until he got injured.

Taylor - 6 - Made a few decent delivery's, but nothing special.

Jonas - 8 - Came back and defended well, and was good going forward.

Best - 7 - Was practically up front alone, took the goal well, and was generally decent.

Shola - 4 - The corner flag had more movement then him.

Ben Arfa - 7 - Seemed to get into dead ends and give play back to QPR several times, but mad a few things happen, Need to start next week.

Perch - 6 - Didn't do much when he came on.

Gosling 6 - Didn't have enough time to impacted the game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul-6

Simpson-6

Williamson-6

Coloccini-7

Santon-7

Raylor-6

Guthrie-7

Cabaye- N/A

Jonas- 7

Ameobi- 3

Best- 7

Ben Arfa- 7

Perch - 6

Gosling - 6

Krul  6

Simpson  6

Williamson  7

Coloccini  7.5

Santon  7

Raylor  6

Cabaye  5

Guthrie  7

Jonas  7.5

Ameobi  5

Best  8

Ben Arfa  6.5

Perch  6

Ben Arfa not a 6.5. He was on par with Jonas at least. Leon not an 8 - he had 2 or three good moments and of course scored, but there was the moment when HBA sent a fine through ball to him and he just f**ked it up - didn't shoot, nor passed to Strolla. 7 at max.

Aye, right. I wonder who you signed up for.

It's not PSV, Barça or Inter for sure. The same applies for Real M and AC Milan.

But I can spot a talent without turning sour as you do - it's a fact HBA made the difference, he engineered 4 or 5 classy  moves and was pretty tidy defensively [as his critics love to point that he's a liability when the team is on the back foot] - there was even a moment [at 70''] when he was the last man, defending a counter attack, even behind Collo.

Ray Wilkins talks shit. Good game from Santon, love seeing him go forward. Shame to see Cabaye stretchered off (Any word on the extent of that injury?). Guiti putting in 100% effort as always. We need to sign a striker. Fantastic finish from Best. 3 points. That's all that matters.

Only saw the second half, thought we looked very poor but at the same time comfortable.

With Ba and Tiote gone any three points is an achievement, regardless of performance.

Can't believe he didn't start Ben Arfa again, he must hate the guy like. Always looks the player most  likely to make something happen, that bit of play where he played Best in was sublime.

Just back, fucking freezing out there.. thought Krul was great today, made a few crucial stops, Santon was ok but seemed to be backing off more often than he should, speaking of that Simpson was alright, Colo and Williamson were very solid, Guthrie did alright, Ryan Taylor played is so many position i really don't know what they say about him..Jonas was ok, Ben Arfa had some lovely touches and seemed to be our only hope for some creativity in the final third, Best was ok and took his goal very well.. As for Shola i think after 12 years and over 250 games there isn't much left to say.. he was Shola.

Thought they were good tbh, unlucky that they had Bothroyd upfront, horrible player and missed a couple of easy chances. in the end it was an ugly win but a win regardless, just hope we don't see many performances like today.

Ray Wilkins talks s***. Good game from Santon, love seeing him go forward. Shame to see Cabaye stretchered off (Any word on the extent of that injury?). Guiti putting in 100% effort as always. We need to sign a striker. Fantastic finish from Best. 3 points. That's all that matters.

the skysports guys in the physio room said it was serious no ligament damage and he was able to hobble on one foot afterwoods.

we still need a scan as a precaution.

im guessing he'll be out for around 1-2 weeks max.

Didn't know QPR were quite that bad. I know they're missing a couple of players but they were beyond lacklustre. Take away the first 15 minutes, you'd think you were playing a mid-table Championship side. They didn't even look that fussed in the last 5-10 minutes, it was embarrassingly easy for you without you playing well whatsoever.

I thought Shola did OK - perhaps he is carrying a knock again. Poor game, but a vital win that keeps the momentum from the Man United game going. We were far too direct for the first 20mins, which is why we made QPR look like feckin Brazil. We look a much better side when we get the ball down and play it. Bizarre starting tactics from Pardew. I thought Guthrie, Colo and Santon did well and Best's finish was quality. :coolsmiley:

Only hope Cabaye isn't out for too long and yes, Wilkins was very biased today. Not good from Sky.

Didn't know QPR were quite that bad. I know they're missing a couple of players but they were beyond lacklustre. Take away the first 15 minutes, you'd think you were playing a mid-table Championship side. They didn't even look that fussed in the last 5-10 minutes, it was embarrassingly easy for you without you playing well whatsoever.

they've looked shit when i've seen them this season, apart from our game down there obviously. Faurlin has been the only one to really impress and they were missing him today along with Barton and Taarabt so no surprises with how bad they were. still they could've gotten something today if they'd had a better forward than bothroyd - helguson did cause one or two things to happen.

Ray Wilkins deserves to me shot after what he said today, very biased only seemed to be negative to our player.

Honestly I think he's just clueless rather than biased. He gets absolutely everything wrong.

Really missed Faurlin in the middle. He's their heartbeat.