Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Tbh its as much about Gouffran coming as Ba leaving in my opinion, Gouffran must be a centre-forwards dream to play with, does all his running!

Except three of those goals have come in the Europa League. It's all down to Ba leaving and Cisse playing upfront.

Everyone knows he was was s**** till Ba left man ffs :lol:

Fact is he has 8 in 16 since Ba left and 6 in his last 10, i don't give a s*** what happened in first half of year its gone and the team is different its time to move on.

I'm perfectly happy to move on. In fact, I've frequently praised him for getting back to goalscoring form in the past few weeks. It just grinds my gears after the season he's had to see people claim he is easily our best player who "will score goals as long as he gets service". It's like he's not even partly responsible himself for the difference in achievement level between this season and last, or for our underachievement as a club this term.

Oh he definitely is, everyone is responsible from the board to the manager to the players.... but he looks to be on form again and what happened in the past happened.

Hopefully he can continue his form to the end and into next season.

Tbh its as much about Gouffran coming as Ba leaving in my opinion, Gouffran must be a centre-forwards dream to play with, does all his running!

Except three of those goals have come in the Europa League. It's all down to Ba leaving and Cisse playing upfront.

Ok, Gouff and Sissoko...

tbh its all about Ronny Johnsen leaving...

Saying he doesn't score enough goals is extraordinary. He's a goal machine who went through a bit of a drought, like Demba Ba did, like Rooney regularly does, like van Persie is at the moment.

The amount of toys thrown out of the pram this season by certain people about Cisse has been pathetic.

8 goals in 30 Premiership games this season, 13 in 41 overall. Is that enough for you from a lone forward?

How many Premier League games as a lone forward before January? Using that term is a very clear attempt to skew the figures in favour of your own very clear dislike of Cisse as a player.

We get it. You don't like him. You wanted Carroll in the summer instead. If only we had his five league goals instead, we'd be much better off.

Saying he doesn't score enough goals is extraordinary. He's a goal machine who went through a bit of a drought, like Demba Ba did, like Rooney regularly does, like van Persie is at the moment.

The amount of toys thrown out of the pram this season by certain people about Cisse has been pathetic.

8 goals in 30 Premiership games this season, 13 in 41 overall. Is that enough for you from a lone forward?

How many Premier League games as a lone forward before January? Using that term is a very clear attempt to skew the figures in favour of your own very clear dislike of Cisse as a player.

We get it. You don't like him. You wanted Carroll in the summer instead. If only we had his five league goals instead, we'd be much better off.

As I've said on the last page I do like him. I just think he's capable of better than he has been doing for a lot this season (only now getting back in to form), and I think he has some fundamental flaws, which many of his admirers seem to happily ignore.

As I've said on the last page I do like him. I just think he's capable of better than he has been doing for a lot this season (only now getting back in to form), and I think he has some fundamental flaws, which many of his admirers seem to happily ignore.

That's because the flaws are massively exaggerated, and his qualities are far more important. Offside a lot? That's because he plays on the shoulder of the last man and one of the reasons he gets so many chances in a game. Bad touch? Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's sublime and he can use the ball very cleverly. I thought yesterday he was dropping deep and doing some great work with the ball at his feet.

Ok, Gouff and Sissoko...

tbh its all about Ronny Johnsen leaving...

:lol:

Agreed. Fucking Ronny Johnsen man.

Our best player, tbh. Definitely the one player in the squad who is most viable to play for a 'top' club.

NSIS

I'd have said Cabaye but while he disappeared over both legs Cisse turned up.

Why only consider the two matches with Benfica? How about the likes of Ben Arfa, Mbiwa, Cabaye (indeed) or Krul? If anything I'd say the big clubs will look at Cisse's lack of consistency and steer well clear.

Ben Arfa, too injury prone. Mbiwa, hasn't shown enough yet. Cabaye, too many times he has games like against Benfica.

Didn't think about Krul, maybe.

Cisse is the most likely, Bayern were strongly interested before he came here.

Well, if I was the manager of a "top club" I would look at the chances Cisse missed in those two matches you conventiently use to discard Cabaye as a stronger candidate to succeed at a higher level and think his 'erraticness' may have cost us the tie..

Yeah but you have an agenda. He had two excellent all-round games in both legs and was desperately unlucky not to score more than the two he got.

What is my agenda? :lol:

You don't like him. Because he's an erratic instinct goalscorer rather than a shilky Dutch mashter with great allround technical ability you will consistently criticise him.

I do like him. He seems a good character, and he brings important qualities to the table, especially for a side like us that isn't exactly overflowing with attacking talent. People who have been saying he needs to be played centrally in 1 4-3-3 have been proven correct, that appears to be his best position, and I can even stomach the stereotypical "give him service and he will score" to an extent. But I also have big worries about him, the main ones being:

- he doesn't score enough and neither do our other players to be able to afford to play a 4-3-3 with him as a lone striker for us to challenge for Europe consistently, which is where I want us to be. This season his own chance conversion ratio is nowhere near good enough, and it's cost us many valuable points.

- he is purely a converter of chances, not a creator. He seems unable to fashion a chance for himself out of nothing other than by speculative long range efforts, or to create chances for his team mates.

- he seems to lack intelligence in certain situations, i.e. staying onside or showing composure by laying it off when somebody else is much better placed, which often breaks down our play.

- physically he isn't exactly commanding, meaning for example he is hardly ever a threat from set pieces or gets into a goalscoring position unless he isn't tightly marked.

Now I know this goes against popular opinion, but it's the way I see it. We heavily rely on him, because we have no realistic alternatives, and I hardly want him gone or anything, but I do feel he is overrated by many on here..

Good summary.

The last point doesn't get aired enough. He doesn't relish a physical challenge. Maybe he's just playing to his strengths, which is seeking gaps between defenders, and it least it means he's hardly ever injured. But situations do arise when you want a striker who will put pressure on his opponent physically.

Which is exactly why we need to get one in the summer. Someone to turn aimless rubbish into half-chances for him.

I like the formation we've got, and wouldn't want to change it to suit Cisse. Try and get someone who's better at that lone striker system rather than go for two strikers. We've seen how that worked with Ba and Cisse.

You know that little fancy scrapbook that pardew keeps and scribbles on every game?

Just wondering amongst all the leafs and notes he left inside, would there be by any chance include a rough sketch of the infamous Offside Rule.

And if its been shown to Papiss Cisse yet?

According to portuguese media, after the final whistle our manager, Jesus himself, told him, and I'm quoting, "you're a great player".

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=815317

Impressed me. Great raw qualities, only needs a bit of tactical training. Way too many offsides.

He wasn't like that when he first arrived, not sure whats gone on.

Hang on, I forgot.  pardew.

According to portuguese media, after the final whistle our manager, Jesus himself, told him, and I'm quoting, "you're a great player".

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=815317

Impressed me. Great raw qualities, only needs a bit of tactical training. Way too many offsides.

Most offside player in the Bundesliga before he joined, nice try though.

If he learned the offside rule though, he's playing for one of the elite like Bayern Munich or someone, not us.

This is a classic I've got a hard on but will put ice on me dick post. Why bother living?

Most offside pl

ayer in the Bundesliga before he joined, nice try though.

Was he offside loads when he first joined us in the january window?

Guest Slippery Sam

When he first signed I had a look at his YT clips and wondered what the best description of him would be. I thought that 'ball magnet' would be the most apt. 

The fucking chances/positions this guy gets into to be near the ball is fantastic.  He is a yard from being a £25m striker imo. If he can just eliminate the offside mistakes he will be world class imo.

If he learned the offside rule though, he's playing for one of the elite like Bayern Munich or someone, not us.

This is a classic I've got a hard on but will put ice on me dick post. Why bother living?

It's true though. :lol: It's like if HBA didn't have a reputation he'd be at someone like that. It's just stating the fact that the reason we have players like that is because they have a little something which stops one of the "giants" getting them.

Still think his all round game is too erratic for someone like Bayern.... he actually reminds me of Mario Gomez except Gomez is a lot stronger and more of an aerial threat.