sunderland

JH

Guest Craig-NUFC

World Football Phone-In:

Email: "Hew marra, Sunderland have partnered up with this South African team. Will it boost their profile and make them well-known?"

Studio: "No. LOLZ"

:okay:

Gave me a laugh that.

"Maybe in 10-15 years, but probably not." :lol:

:lol: He wants to be a coach? Holy hell.

"If you see a guy in the penalty area, just roll your eyes back and clean the fucker out! Oh, and if you have a simple clearance to make, just think of pussy and take a wild swipe. I have based my long and illustrious career on those principles."

And as sure as night follows day:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=785178

The speed at which Benito DiCanio has the red and white hordes massing behind him is frightening. Only 7 games in and they're frothing at the gash at any criticism of il Duce.

It's almost as if a charismatic father figure has infiltrated the vulnerable minds of a downtrodden populace and trained their brains to mindlessly follow him en masse, blindly hating those who oppose his dictat. I'm sure there's a word (and a salute) for that...

And as sure as night follows day:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=785178

The speed at which Benito DiCanio has the red and white hordes massing behind him is frightening. Only 7 games in and they're frothing at the gash at any criticism of il Duce.

It's almost as if a charismatic father figure has infiltrated the vulnerable minds of a downtrodden populace and trained their brains to mindlessly follow him en masse, blindly hating those who oppose his dictat. I'm sure there's a word (and a salute) for that...

They were the same with MON, I don't know what DiCanio did to make them think he is a messiah apart from win 2 games in last 7/8

I think tonking us had something to do with it.

Possibly, but then they got their collective arse handed to them by Villa, and served up turgid unwatchable displays in 'must win' games for the rest of the season, yet support for him only got stronger.

Also they were just as rabid in their support before he'd even started (the whole fascist salute, durham miners fiasco). I just think its a deep-seated desire for attention from the rest of the country, and Benito brought that in spades (all negative, but they don't seem to mind!)

I think tonking us had something to do with it.

Possibly, but then they got their collective arse handed to them by Villa, and served up turgid unwatchable displays in 'must win' games for the rest of the season, yet support for him only got stronger.

Surely you know that none of this matters as long as they beat us? But tbf, they not only beat us, they took the piss.

I still think if we'd played Sunderland a couple of games after Di Canio had bedded in we would have probably won. The performance was pretty poor but the timing of the game was terrible for us.

Not that I'm bothered since we're NETD again!

I've noticed someone claiming to be Bill Bradshaw (SSN paper review journo) is logged on there.

Loves chipping in with bits about us, in particular:

Chaps...I have it on the very best authority that at NUFC's recent end-of-season review, Alan Pardew was given very short shrift by Mike Ashley. He was lambasted for coming so close to relegation and told:

* Forget the FA Cup...no interest at all.

* Forget League Cup...no interest at all.

* You MUST finish in Top Ten....it is all that matters.

* Don't worry about Europa qualification - no interest.

Pardew's job is basically on the line depending on their league placing, nothing else.

If they are restricted to two buys (not sure about that) it could be a close run thing!

:yao:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've noticed someone claiming to be Bill Bradshaw (SSN paper review journo) is logged on there.

Loves chipping in with bits about us, in particular:

Chaps...I have it on the very best authority that at NUFC's recent end-of-season review, Alan Pardew was given very short shrift by Mike Ashley. He was lambasted for coming so close to relegation and told:

* Forget the FA Cup...no interest at all.

* Forget League Cup...no interest at all.

* You MUST finish in Top Ten....it is all that matters.

* Don't worry about Europa qualification - no interest.

Pardew's job is basically on the line depending on their league placing, nothing else.

If they are restricted to two buys (not sure about that) it could be a close run thing!

:yao:

I doubt any of that is true from a source - but it's not exactly far off.

That said I doubt they are going to be pulling up any trees themselves....