Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I'm loving Anita now. I was against signing him if it hurts our finances to get a right back in particular, but seeing how quick he is, how calmly and confidently he can receive a ball under pressure and move it on again makes me think he will be very good for us. He is somewhere in between Cabaye and Tiote a little as a player, so he could partner either or both very well.

He was unlucky and a tad foolish to give away the pen, but regardless of that he looks the part and will be better when he gets more games and adapts to the league.

His game's alright. He's quick, comfortable on the ball, and composed in possession, which is useful anywhere in the team. The problem for me when I watch him is that he doesn't seem to be the player that was advertised (I don't watch much Dutch football, or any, actually). I don't think he's a defensive midfield player in England. Physically, he's just quite weak and even though it is early in his career he doesn't seem to have the right calming effect and dominance of a DM. I was just comparing him to Mikel in the game and he was always a wall forcing the ball out wide, imposing himself in the middle because of physical strength, and being a comfortable out ball/distributor. Tiote is exactly the same with the added bonus of violence and emotional leadership.

I don't Anita has it in him to play like that. However, it is my opinion that he'll still be a very shrewd signing. He's another quality midfield player in a team that now has quite a few. We haven't seen him at fullback, but his natural attributes suggest that he'd be good there as well. I think he'll end up being our 12th man (the top option/utility player off the bench) and we'll be a better team because of his presence.

He's only played one and a qusrter games in the prem... Give the lad a chance FFS!

I think he looks decent so far, that Torres penalty would have happened to nearly all prem defenders, he's good at that sort of thing, excells at it infact...the dirty cheatin' cnut!

Anita  so called top midfielder.

He just has not impressed for what I have seen of him so far.

School boy error lashing out inside the area,

His touch is at best average I just cannot see him commanding the midfield in the premier league he is far too small.

Maybe an average squad player at best.

As for the lack of any signings this window we are not going anywhere with ashley.

Bargain basement will not advance the club.

Chelsea dont mess about if they want a player the bid and get that player,

Ashley goes in low and leaves a final bid that is still low.

We are and always will be a selling club with no ambition, 

http://don.pesgaming.com/images/smilies/crynaldo.png

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Been pleased with him so far. Probably an above average start to life as prem midfielder. I can't agree with people saying he doesn't have the body or size to be a DM. Not all of them are 6'+ Mo Sissoko types.

Think Anita looked quality in his first two games. He still has to adapt to the league and his teammates but I think he'll do very well. I actually think his first touch and close control are great, he releases the ball quickly and builds up tempo for the side.

People comparing him to Tiote, or trying to see a like-for-like understudy in him are completely missing the point.

:thup: said it in a few places already this morning, i don't think we struggled defensively yesterday it's in a creative sense where we struggled.

Don't think we have been as flowing as we were at times under Hughton. Our defensive side is certainly better though. The sooner we can free up Cabaye the better. He and Tiote sat far to deep last year which made us hard to break down but relatively tame in creativity.

Hatem looks like he is continuing where he left off. I worry a little about our creativity but we were closed down very effectively in a tight game against Chelsea, in games where there is more space we will do well. Our passing is decent but if we are to play two up top we need wingers that will cross, we need to change our wingers mindsets as they are more than capable.

Back to the topic, I love how Anita gets back to link the defence to the attack, he always makes himself available. He will be a great player for us when he is settled. I remember Cabs looking the same early on, so I am less than worried.

Think Anita looked quality in his first two games. He still has to adapt to the league and his teammates but I think he'll do very well. I actually think his first touch and close control are great, he releases the ball quickly and builds up tempo for the side.

People comparing him to Tiote, or trying to see a like-for-like understudy in him are completely missing the point.

:thup: said it in a few places already this morning, i don't think we struggled defensively yesterday it's in a creative sense where we struggled.

Don't think we have been as flowing as we were at times under Hughton. Our defensive side is certainly better though. The sooner we can free up Cabaye the better. He and Tiote sat far to deep last year which made us hard to break down but relatively tame in creativity.

Hatem looks like he is continuing where he left off. I worry a little about our creativity but we were closed down very effectively in a tight game against Chelsea, in games where there is more space we will do well. Our passing is decent but if we are to play two up top we need wingers that will cross, we need to change our wingers mindsets as they are more than capable.

Back to the topic, I love how Anita gets back to link the defence to the attack, he always makes himself available. He will be a great player for us when he is settled. I remember Cabs looking the same early on, so I am less than worried.

ups and downs, at no time under hughton did we look as good going forward as we did during that spell last season when we won 6 off ther trot, nor did we look as organised as we did V man utd (h), stoke (a), swansea  (s) etc.

Guest Dontooner

Atm he slows us down too much, he need to adjust the pace of his pass. To be a good pivot, his passes not only must be accurate and must be weighted(no firm hard passes so far). See him more like an Alonso type of player that likes the pivot role that sprays passes. He will need to adjust to BPL soon, the tempo is much higher and space is much tighter. 

Atm he slows us down too much, he need to adjust the pace of his pass. To be a good pivot, his passes not only must be accurate and must be weighted(no firm hard passes so far). See him more like an Alonso type of player that likes the pivot role that sprays passes. He will need to adjust to BPL soon, the tempo is much higher and space is much tighter. 

at the moment.....you mean on one game. good job you werent round for shearers debut.

Guest Dontooner

at the moment.....you mean on one game. good job you werent round for shearers debut.

Can't say i was at that friendly but i remember him scoring on his debut. I meant the adjustment since Anita is from a foreign league. if that was a jibe its a poor one.

Can't say i was at that friendly but i remember him scoring on his debut. I meant the adjustment since Anita is from a foreign league. if that was a jibe its a poor one.

on shearers league debut for us (at everton) he was crap. good job he wasn't judged on that eh ?

at the moment ?...jesus wept, he held us together as an out of sorts cabaye gave him little support and put in some challenges tiote would have been proud of.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2iuw1ox.jpg

Guest bimpy474

With Raylor out, I think we'll be seeing him more often at LB.

I actually think it'll be Tav more. At least Anita can play there though.

Guest bimpy474

Why? Will still be Santon's position with Simpson on the right.

European and Cup games i would think mate.

Why? Will still be Santon's position with Simpson on the right.

Not as starter, more of cover. We'd still play him in CM but if we get stretched by fixtures then I'd play him at LB.