Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest BooBoo

the Ajax fans are reminding me a bit of Forrest from the Championship season. Deluded.

They went like a bunch of arseholes that night at the City Ground. You would honestly have thought they'd won the league.

Must suck pretty hard to be a nothing club for years.

Guest Ilsteir

The fact they're p*ssed off shows how highly they rate him though, which can only be a good thing.

To an extent, I've read up a few threads on that forum now. Much of the anger seems to come from Anita being a key player that leaves the squad hanging without any prospect of a replacement, just to (presumably) become a bit player somewhere else for a better contract.

Vertonghen with only one year remaining on the contract was sent off in a very friendly manner to Spurs.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The fact they're p*ssed off shows how highly they rate him though, which can only be a good thing.

I remember Deportivo fans being pissed off at losing Xisco!

Guest Ilsteir

So they believe that he is leaving to be a bit part player at a "s*** club"?

I think most of the hate is a reaction to being raided. Imo Newcastle is paying a fair price.

AFAIK the only EPL club that is universally hated in Holland is Chelsea, for bankrolling PSV, contracting 15 year old talents, and now being involved in the mob takeover at Vitesse.

Disappointing from those Ajax fans like, went there for a game last season and loved it. They did blow a two goal lead when I was there and the fans proceeded to hurl stuff on to the pitch, so I can't really say I'm surprised.

Guest Ilsteir

That's fairly normal in Hollland. If the home-crowd suspects a team is messing about they will turn on their own side.

6.7 million I thinks a fair price. Ok they're upset they're losing him I can understand that, but the bitterness is making them look silly

Its not a terrible fee for them, but I've got a feeling it'll be seen as another steal several months from now :D

Essentially we've lost Guthrie in midfield and replaced him with Amalfitano, Marveaux and Anita - thats some improvement! So now we have a strong midfield, two of the best strikers in the league and a decent defence.

Tbf it is a shame that the modern game shits all over leagues and teams like that.

:thup:

Some great clubs with great traditions being reduced to fuck all through no real fault of their own.