Newcastle 2 - 1 Spurs - 18/08/12 - post-match jubilation from page 35

Beren

Crazy stuff by VDV and Lennon by the way. Must have just been totally mesmerised by Ben Arfa's shimmying.

Had one of ours brought down a forward so blatantly, looking at you Danny, would have been extremely angry.

That buildup to the Demba goal :fwap:

liked the way we played but to listen to shearers MotD analysis, the tiote pass takes 3 out as does ban arfas, still one pass later they have us swamped at the back really and it was a fantastic to get us the goal.

liked the way we played but to listen to shearers MotD analysis, the tiote pass takes 3 out as does ban arfas, still one pass later they have us swamped at the back really and it was a fantastic to get us the goal.

Shearer had a good point. Up till then, their pressing game had us knocking the ball backwards and hoofing it long. That was one of the first occasions when we actually managed to use a bit of skill to get the ball through their midfield. It left Simpson with lots of time to pick the cross.

I didn't think we played all that much better in the second half. However, we did get the first goal, and that was crucial for our confidence.

Still not convinced that we should be playing Ba and Cisse together, whether it's 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Shearer had a good point. Up till then, their pressing game had us knocking the ball backwards and hoofing it long. That was one of the first occasions when we actually managed to use a bit of skill to get the ball through their midfield. It left Simpson with lots of time to pick the cross.

I didn't think we played all that much better in the second half. However, we did get the first goal, and that was crucial for our confidence.

Still not convinced that we should be playing Ba and Cisse together, whether it's 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

i disagree, each time we gave the ball to ben arfa in the first half we done that. i was more takingissue with the punditry of "takes 3 out" then the next pass "takes 3 out" as if those players wont drop back in and consolodate.

i disagree, each time we gave the ball to ben arfa in the first half we done that. i was more takingissue with the punditry of "takes 3 out" then the next pass "takes 3 out" as if those players wont drop back in and consolodate.

Throughout the game, we were very reliant on Ben Arfa's individual efforts, but we really struggled to pass and move our way towards the opposition defence. It's what's separating us from the sides above us.

Shearer could have put it better, because yeah we didn't eliminate those midfield players for the entire move. But we got the ball behind them, and made them turn backwards. Usually it was us going backwards.

watched the game in the talbot,skelwith bridge, between amblside and langdale. just me and girl 1,a lapsed man city fan, 2 blackburn fans in name only and a leicester fan and a few families having meals......then Ba scored and a very quiet late to middle aged couple "GIT IN" from round the other side of the central pillar.

He scored a goal. He didn't have an amazing game. I still don't rate him.

Nothing to admit.

Your critisism is over the top like. He's a good player. When the guy is running at you he causes problems. There was someone on here the other day who said he must be a piece of piss to mark (not sure if it was you). But whoever it was were wrong. He's a good player.