Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another knobhead who has made bad career choices.

I hope he enjoys his bench medal from Chelsea and Pardew's football at Palace.

Aye, bet he's pure gutted as missing out with us last season.

Another knobhead who has made bad career choices.

I hope he enjoys his bench medal from Chelsea and Pardew's football at Palace.

Aye, bet he's pure gutted as missing out with us last season.

I'm sure his only choices were us and Chelsea like.

Chelsea are an odd club in recent years. Players like Moses, Schurrle, now Remy and numerous others have come in and been good depth for the squad while helping them win honours, yet have been unceremoniously dumped at the first opportunity when it seems more exciting/better players are available. Moses made about 40 appearances in his first season and was never again given the chance to make the squad in following seasons. Remy was extremely important when Costa was injured and generally performed well when given time, and is discarded so they can bring in a player who has struggled since tearing his knee. Strange.

Palace would be a strange choice for Remy, imo, unless he is this attached to Pardew. He is a valued commodity and in his prime, many clubs will be open to paying him high wages one would figure. Palace are not some moneybags club, so I doubt their offer is extreme compared to what he could make elsewhere across Europe/the Middle East.

Sure they just stockpiled and offload players as and when they need to in order to meet the flimsy FFP regulations when UEFA can be arsed to impose them. It's all part of the game and it's all stacked in favour of the wealthiest. 

Chelsea are an odd club in recent years. Players like Moses, Schurrle, now Remy and numerous others have come in and been good depth for the squad while helping them win honours, yet have been unceremoniously dumped at the first opportunity when it seems more exciting/better players are available. Moses made about 40 appearances in his first season and was never again given the chance to make the squad in following seasons. Remy was extremely important when Costa was injured and generally performed well when given time, and is discarded so they can bring in a player who has struggled since tearing his knee. Strange.

Palace would be a strange choice for Remy, imo, unless he is this attached to Pardew. He is a valued commodity and in his prime, many clubs will be open to paying him high wages one would figure. Palace are not some moneybags club, so I doubt their offer is extreme compared to what he could make elsewhere across Europe/the Middle East.

If remy can get a big signing on fee and keep his current wage at palace I'm sure he would move happily.

One thing we know about him is he's only in it for the money.

If remy can get a big signing on fee and keep his current wage at palace I'm sure he would move happily.

One thing we know about him is he's only in it for the money.

Where does the money grabber bit come from, is it because he rejected us to go to QPR? If so he hardly knocked us back at the first flash of more cash did he? If the stories were true he knocked 3 financially better offers back from them and was going to sign for us until they offered him double and, probably most importantly, a get out of jail free card if they went down. Then he opted to join the team that went on to be champions the 2nd time he spurned our advances.

Personally I would rather have him over any other striker I've seen us linked with this summer regardless of the past.

• 5 months later...