Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sky sources are telling us there have been no bids or even any enquiries for Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

What a shock not even any enquires.

So? He's our best player, if he stays we're going to be stronger because of it, and if the club has a valuation for him, why should they budge? We shouldnt be underselling our best players like we have the last few years.

If he stays he would just be a bad influence and he isn't exactly going to bust a gut for us is he.

The valuation is ridiculous and we could of shipped him out for a more than decent price weeks ago and got better players than him in who contribute more than a goal as season.

Nobody was ever going to pay anything near 30m for him I said that last month and it's becoming more apparent now. Just my take on this boring saga

When we have sold our best players recently we have always got a good fee for them cabaye Carroll etc

Sky sources are telling us there have been no bids or even any enquiries for Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

So? He's our best player, if he stays we're going to be stronger because of it, and if the club has a valuation for him, why should they budge? We shouldnt be underselling our best players like we have the last few years.

There's no point arguing this with Tubes.  :lol:

Considering Rafa himself has said there has been movement this week with him, I suspect Sky are full of shit.

Our valuation was made public of 35m.

It's true that nobody would pay near 30m for him and several other people are now saying just sell him for circa 18m. Same thing I was laughed at for weeks ago

It's not like you mention it in every post or anything, on every thread. Fwiw I think Rafa asked for £35m because that's the only price he'd be willing to let him go at, not because that's how much he believes he's worth. Rafa clearly wants to keep him and I trust the guy that trains with him every day and talks to him about his plans over someone pissing themselves on a forum. If Rafa wants to keep him he clearly thinks he can do a job for us and would be committed to do so. As others have said, he'd be one of if not the best player in the league, why would we not want him to stay?

Good point, forcibly made. That said, if the people concerned about this (the ones who you see as  'pissing themselves' and not with uncontrollable laughter) have seen more of his play and the attitude, effort and effectiveness of Sissoko than Rafa, then it is maybe an understandable concern.

This rumoured valuation is irrelevant.  If teams were interested, there would have been bids below the amount and enquiries about how much we would let him go for.  So say we allegedly want £35m.  Do you think clubs are going to think "Oooh, we really want Sissoko.  But I don't think we should even bother bidding £20m-£25m, or even waste time talking to NUFC.  That supposed valuation that may or may not be accurate, is just too steep."  Yet again, people are having to explain to you how negotiating works  :lol: thick as mince.

Anyway, Sky could easily be wide of the mark on the 'no enquiries, no bids' line.  As someone else pointed out, Rafa himself said there had been movement/talks this week, regarding him leaving.

It's true that nobody would pay near 30m for him and several other people are now saying just sell him for circa 18m. Same thing I was laughed at for weeks ago

Hang on, I might be missing something, but when did WE make public that we wanted £35m? Is that an official announcement that we made?

Because we didn't the media were just assuming and everybody is running with it.

Hang on, I might be missing something, but when did WE make public that we wanted £35m? Is that an official announcement that we made?

Rafa actually said we haven't set a price and we'll sell only if the deal if right for the club.

I do not trust sissokos mentality whatsoever. We have seen that ability is not the be all end all. Rafa is already stating confidence and mentality is an issue for us. Sissoko is a good player when he wants to be, we need players who want to play for us. I cant see sissoko going, well i played well at the world cup and didnt get my move but if i put a shift in at championship level maybe then. He has no reason to care, he wants to go.

I do not trust sissokos mentality whatsoever. We have seen that ability is not the be all end all. Rafa is already stating confidence and mentality is an issue for us. Sissoko is a good player when he wants to be, we need players who want to play for us. I cant see sissoko going, well i played well at the world cup and didnt get my move but if i put a shift in at championship level maybe then. He has no reason to care, he wants to go.

He's not going to keep his place in the France side if he's not getting picked for us - which he won't if he doesn't perform. In any case I think he's gone, but he's not going to dictate to Rafa. He'd probably rather let him rot in the reserves than hold a gun to his head.

If we thought he'd be useless for us, we wouldn't have given him such a high price tag. My guess is no-one wants him nearly enough to pay the £25m odd we'd be wanting, so he'll probably end up playing an important role for us for the next 6 months at least. He'll make some empty promises at the start of September and get on with his job of getting the ball and running half the length of the pitch and then losing it.

Apart from in the Champo he'll probably just score instead of shanking the ball into touch.

Maybe.

given how deep it looks like teams will play against us, especially at home, i'm not sure exactly how useful sissoko would even be personally given that he rarely scores or assists either

his stock will never be higher than it is now imo, if we can ship him for a fee anywhere near that of wijnaldum or above we should be doing it on football grounds imo, not to mention his rotten fucking attitude either

Strikes me as a player could well perform if we get some momentum up, but would get frustrated and loses motivation when the team's struggling. He seemed to one of the platers who responded best to Rafa at the end of last season. Whether he just had his eye on his France place I don't know, but Rafa might be able to get him playing.

Might be worth playing him in the next couple of games to give us a spark. That's assuming he'll want to perform to impress potential buyers.

given how deep it looks like teams will play against us, especially at home, i'm not sure exactly how useful sissoko would even be personally given that he rarely scores or assists either

Even he's not directly responsible his athleticism and direct running would open up space for others. Not that it matters as i think he'll be gone before the end of August anyway.

I think him leaving is entirely dependent on us getting a like for like replacement. When we lost Townsend we replaced him with Ritchie. It's still very quiet on the winger front so I've got no idea if he's going to be allowed to leave or not.

Can't understand why anyone wants him to stay. He's limited, probably a good pl player but his negativity would kill us now.

Remember what got us back up last time: a clear out and very good players who gave a shit.

Calling our fans 'melts' for wanting him out is childish.

Get rid or don't play him.

Can't understand why anyone wants him to stay. He's limited, probably a good pl player but his negativity would kill us now.

Remember what got us back up last time: a clear out and very good players who gave a s***.

Calling our fans 'melts' for wanting him out is childish.

Get rid or don't play him.

this.

get rid or keep him a million miles away.

His negativity is irrelevant. If he stays and is "negative" then we don't play him. Else, he stays and tries for whatever reason. Either way he's a good enough player for this league.

I'm fine with him going, but I don't see why we'd get rid of him if the price isn't right.