Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Mont or Rudi Garcia for me.

Rudi Garcia would be my choice in an ideal world, because he ticks every box imaginable.

Football is fantastic, tactically and coaching wise he's excellent and also is very well versed in bringing through talent.

I really don't see him leaving Lille though.

dunno about benitez generally as i simply don't like the man, i'd take him over pardiola in a hearbeat though

he's many things but i think he's a coach that can form a team from the individuals he has, as opposed to crowbarring individuals into a system they're not suited for

if he came in i'd expect a solid 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 system with the width coming from fullback....but i'd also expect to see the ball on the deck and played through the midfield

If Wigan go down and we steal their manager...

http://i.qkme.me/3r9m1w.jpg

Dont rate Martinez tbh ,if he is such a good manager why is he in a relegation battle every season .

Because he manages Wigan

:lol: Yeah.

I'm not sure how good he is myself, needs to go to a bigger club to prove himself one way or the other.

If Wigan go down and we steal their manager...

http://i.qkme.me/3r9m1w.jpg

Dont rate Martinez tbh ,if he is such a good manager why is he in a relegation battle every season .

Because he manages Wigan

Aye, Mourinho couldn't move Wigan on :lol:

I think It's a bit of a myth this 'little old Wigan' thing. Have a look how much they have spent in the last few years. It's not Man City proportions but It's not exactly living on the breadline either.

Maybe Martinez would suit it more here having someone else in charge of transfers but his 'pretty' approach to football definitely overshadows the actual results in terms of people's opinions of him. I reckon this is why he turned down Liverpool. Far easier to deal with the expectations at Wigan than manage a club that are expected to do more than survive.

I think It's a bit of a myth this 'little old Wigan' thing. Have a look how much they have spent in the last few years. It's not Man City proportions but It's not exactly living on the breadline either.

Maybe Martinez would suit it more here having someone else in charge of transfers but his 'pretty' approach to football definitely overshadows the actual results in terms of people's opinions of him. I reckon this is why he turned down Liverpool. Far easier to deal with the expectations at Wigan than manage a club that are expected to do more than survive.

I'm on my phone at the moment, can you put up a link of their net spend under Martinez? Quite interested what it is actually as I always thought he had hardly spent that much money in comparison to others.

Listening to Martinez in interviews etc, he comes across really well. And he also believes in attacking attractive football. Other than that there's no evidence he will succeed at a bigger club, but I wouldn't be against giving him a go.

I think It's a bit of a myth this 'little old Wigan' thing. Have a look how much they have spent in the last few years. It's not Man City proportions but It's not exactly living on the breadline

According to this Martinez's net spend is a profit of 11 million.

http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/tony-pulis-vs-roberto-martinez

Not sure where your impression of there spending has come from under him Jon? :undecided:

Net spend doesn't count remember. ;)

The best yardstick is squad value. If you take that criteria then Wigan's position is probably about right. Then if you look at ours, our position is a disgrace.

Guest bimpy474

Listening to Martinez in interviews etc, he comes across really well. And he also believes in attacking attractive football. Other than that there's no evidence he will succeed at a bigger club, but I wouldn't be against giving him a go.

Put it this way his managerial record compared to Pardew's is far better imo. Montanier please.

That Montpellier bloke wants to manage in England according to todays press.

the sly b****** knows what he's doing  :megusta:

Gerard misses Mapou, clearly.

From wiki after winning the title:

"I think our triumph is a real shot in the arm for French football. "It just goes to show that everyone can beat everyone and that money isn't the be-all and end-all. We're a club of mates, a club that brings young players through and gives them a chance. "At the end of the day, it's worked out well for us. We played some great football, with a well-balanced team and I'm overwhelmed."

Awesome quote that. I've watched Mapou play quite a bit over there and sadly only paid attention to him like 100% of the time. Is Rene a good manager in terms of his style of football etc?

Benitez ?  :lol:  . Are some people that desperate?

:lol: Aye, fuck wanting a Champions League winner.

Dunno like, I wouldn't want Di Matteo. League achievements trump cup ones every time when it comes to appointing a manager tbh.

Benitez' greatest achievement is winning two La Liga titles.

Plus he Liverpool got 86 points in 08/09, just the 2 defeats all season. Closest they've came to a league title in god knows how long.

He's picked his last 2 jobs atrociously.

Found that article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10004456/Montpellier-coach-Rene-Girard-wants-move-to-a-Premier-League-club-after-discussions-with-Arsene-Wenger.html

Good article, I get the feeling he'd be absolutely perfect for this club's recruitment policy given his former position as manager of the U-16, U-19, and U-21's in France and his emphasis on youth. I'd imagine he'd work wonders with some of the young French players we're scouting. Seems an intelligent football man vs. some of the shit our current guy spews.