Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

From the list provided I'll have Martinez, Poyet, Moyes, Ketsbaia, Jol and Hughton. Never heard of Montanier, but if he's top of the poll he's got to be better than what Pardew served up today...

Real Sociedad's manager. Has them on the verge of Champions League playing exciting attacking football...and he's French.

Moyes would never come here in a million years.Are we going to offer him a big contract,champions league football and money to spend because they will be the type of clubs who will be after him.

My heart says Ketsbaia but can't see It happening.

What about Rafa?I would have say no way a few weeks ago but now we are fucking desperate

Thing is "El Loco" and stability don't seem to go hand-by-hand either. All things point to him leaving Athletic at the end of the season, with a divided dressing room.

He's a genius manager mind, but man management isn't his forte.

Would still love to have him here, mad or not.

Still go for Martinez.

I'd swim across the North Sea, walk from the coast to Wigan, put Martinez on my back, carry him up to Newcastle, and then swim back home to make this happen.

I'd swim back doing the backstroke with that c*** on my back. Lost all respect for him after he defended that shithouse tackle.

Don't think Haidara or any of the players would fancy being managed by him after those comments.

Could have a real negative impact appointing him after sacking Pardew, who seems to be reasonably popular in the dressing room if nothing else.

Right because you think players care to what journalists writes about manager of other clubs? If Martinez came here and got them to pass the ball around I swear to go Benny, Marv, Cabaye, Ciss, Debuchy, Siss would all be wanking all over him.

Because I think players are human beings with emotions and hold grudges like everybody else.

Philippe Montainer? Seems he's doing good, but never heard of him. Has there been any link since he's suggested? And how does Sociedad play?

High pressing with heavy emphasis on possession and width.

:pardsgrin:

From the list provided I'll have Martinez, Poyet, Moyes, Ketsbaia, Jol and Hughton. Never heard of Montanier, but if he's top of the poll he's got to be better than what Pardew served up today...

Real Sociedad's manager. Has them on the verge of Champions League playing exciting attacking football...and he's French.

:thup:

Get him in! :lol:

Someone who believes you can attack without conceding goals and who trains movement and fluidity in attacking sense.

:thup: this. Really hope Ashley surprises us in the summer and pulls the trigger (assuming we stay up..). Not sure which side of the debate I fall on as to whether Ashley/Llambias would make a progressive and possibly more costly managerial appointment. I really hope so.

I would seriously start asking Redknapp to come here. 

I know, I know his problems and I know he loves the south coats but if we want to move forward, id take bacon head on.

In terms of what I'd be looking for:

- Someone who could send a team out with a gameplan and a set shape.

- Someone who could engender a form of football that is centred around movement and fluidity not rigid lines and long balls.

- Someone who could be a long term appointment to fully establish this ethos throughout the club (inc kids/reserves).

This probably rules out Redknapp (too old for a legacy 'builder'), Moyes (efficient football but often turgid) and Benitez. I'd plump for either a Laudrup or a AVB type manager i.e: young(ish), can set their sides up properly and are more like first team coaches than traditional managers.

In terms of what I'd be looking for:

- Someone who could send a team out with a gameplan and a set shape.

- Someone who could engender a form of football that is centred around movement and fluidity not rigid lines and long balls.

- Someone who could be a long term appointment to fully establish this ethos throughout the club (inc kids/reserves).

This probably rules out Redknapp (too old for a legacy 'builder'), Moyes (efficient football but often turgid) and Benitez. I'd plump for either a Laudrup or a AVB type manager i.e: young(ish), can set their sides up properly and are more like first team coaches than traditional managers.

100% agree, although my standards have dropped down to someone who knows how to win games and make the players he has effective at the moment :lol: