Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Guest fraser

He scored and played well and still came off so that we could bring the Shola statue on.  :lol:

Shola was OK when he came on and this isn't Shola v Yoan. For me it was if you're going to go 4-4-2 why not try Cisse and Gouffran as the 2? It was a Pardew thing, plan B is Shola. Was against the Mackems and was yesterday. I can't be arsed disrespecting Shola when the only target should be the manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised this wasn't bumped after the weekend - thought he looked fairly lively but at least it looks like we found out why he gets subbed at 70 minutes each week - think there was 71 on the clock when he went down with cramp!

Surprised this wasn't bumped after the weekend - thought he looked fairly lively but at least it looks like we found out why he gets subbed at 70 minutes each week - think there was 71 on the clock when he went down with cramp!

He runs his arse off, is very comfortable on the ball, very pacy. Doesnt influence himself on the game enough though. Also that chance he missed with the open goal was a very good chance. However, I really like him as a player.

I know! You shouldn't be getting cramp that early!

Guest icemanblue

To be fair, he's not played ninety minutes in a canny while. Doubt he's conditioned for it. :lol:

He could be an effective wide forward, but that would involve some level of service. He is class off the ball, brilliant at running across goal when the ball's coming in from the right especially. He was unlucky on Sunday, that was a hard chance. I know Jaaskelainen had a rush of blood but Gouff showed excellent pace to create the opportunity in the first place. Completely daft he's been subbed so much when here, he wouldn't have cramped up on the weekend if Pardew didn't fawn over Shola.

This guys a natural replacement for Jonas in my eyes. He works equally as hard but had more of an edge upfront.

I don't think he's good enough to play on the left wing for us consistently. He's a good player and has had a decent impact. But I think it's a must for us to sign a left-winger. I think Gouffran might be better suited to be used as a sub a la Obertan since hes 10x the player Shitebulb is.

Can see he becoming a really decent signing once he has had more time to settle. Next season use him left of a front three and will get us goals.

Benny---Cisse----Gouff

Can see he becoming a really decent signing once he has had more time to settle. Next season use him left of a front three and will get us goals.

Benny---Cisse----Gouff

Me too.

I do think we need another option for the front 3 though, someone who can compete with Cisse or play wide when needed.

Benny---Cisse----Gouff

Me too.

I do think we need another option for the front 3 though, someone who can compete with Cisse or play wide when needed.

100% need another striker suited to a front three central role

We need 2 more attacking options next year, a decent target man and a winger. I'd buy them both as plan B players to come off the bench as I think that front 3 has a lot of potential and a good a balance to it. It's a shame we've not been able to see them play together more often.

We need 2 more attacking options next year, a decent target man and a winger. I'd buy them both as plan B players to come off the bench as I think that front 3 has a lot of potential and a good a balance to it. It's a shame we've not been able to see them play together more often.

Attacking midfielder as well for me i would have Cabaye and Sissoko in the pivot.