Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

It'd just be England + Bale. Fine by me. I think I could get behind a GB team. Maybe could take McGeady and McGregor as Scots/Irish appeasement.

Ireland compete as a separate body so would only be Eng, Sco, Wales & NI players

Doesn't sit right with me that England would have to do the qualification thing and then lo and behold a new team is formed with degenerates from the B,C and E teams. It was fine as a one off because of London 2012 but I think it's fairly unnecessary to continue with.

Football at the Olympics is shite anyway.

Doesn't sit right with me that England would have to do the qualification thing and then lo and behold a new team is formed with degenerates from the B,C and E teams. It was fine as a one off because of London 2012 but I think it's fairly unnecessary to continue with.

Football at the Olympics is s**** anyway.

Not at this one it won't.

I think it's fine for the Olympics because we compete as Team GB. I fully understand the reasons that everyone is so concerned about it, like FIFA are suddenly going to force us to scrap the England team? Can't see it.

I think Football sits uncomfortably in the Olympics anyway, because other competitions are much more important.

Aye, any sport that has competitions in that field that are generally held with more prestige than their Olympic equivalent shouldn't be in the Olympics.

Not at this one it won't.

Disagree

http://s.ndtvimg.com/images/content/2014/jun/806/chile-fan-spain.jpg

Tbh, one of the main problems with the Olympics football seems to be that the Europeans either do not care, can not be bothered, or cannot properly organise for the event, which is borne out in the results. It wouldn't surprise me if this has something to do with the complete lack of a corresponding qualifying tournament.

I've always enjoyed football at the Olympics, tbh. Usually a good mix of young, fairly unknown talent with a few established stars, there are upsets at that level almost constantly, and the matches are usually fairly entertaining.

Wor Jackie award winners:

2015 Rolando Aarons

2014 Adam Armstrong

2013 Sammy Ameobi

2012 Remi Streete

2011 Jak Alnwick

2010 Brad Inman

2009 Nile Ranger

2008 Kazenga LuaLua

2007 Andy Carroll

2006 Matty Pattison

2005 Paul Huntington

2004 Martin Brittain

2003 Peter Ramage

2002 Steven Taylor

2001 Shola Ameobi

2000 Gary Caldwell

1999 Michael Chopra

1998 Aaron Hughes

Jack Hixon Trophy winners:

2015 Freddie Woodman

2014 Mackenzie Heaney

2013 Adam Armstrong

2012 Alex Gilliead

2011 Adam Campbell

2010 Remi Streete

Probably best to scrap these.

I'd love someone to explain to me what on earth it takes to win that award.

Sports Direct loyalty points redemption. Person that buys the most shit gets the trophy.