Sunderland

Nobody

Not a bad point but they're still s***. They should be commended for keeping 11 players on this week, though :thup:

To be honest they needed more than 3 points against a team who will probably be amongst the strugglers this season. They have already lost too many points against teams who will be in a similar position. Their match against West Ham the week after next is going to be an interesting one.

:lol: :lol:

Hope I wasn't the only one who spotted this

Not a bad point but they're still s***. They should be commended for keeping 11 players on this week, though :thup:

To be honest they needed more than 3 points against a team who will probably be amongst the strugglers this season. They have already lost too many points against teams who will be in a similar position. Their match against West Ham the week after next is going to be an interesting one.

:lol: :lol:

Hope I wasn't the only one who spotted this

:lol: Classic Stifler.

There was plenty of talk only a week or two back that Poyet threathened to walk if he didn't get his way in the transfer market. God, this would be hilarious.. :lol:

Edit: rumour was apparently started by a mackem on Skunkers with some previous for being ITK. Could be some mileage in this.

certainly possible he could have gotten in a huff about transfer spending since he did spend a fair whack (for the champ) at Brighton but wouldn't that have been discussed before he went including that Di Fanti would be in charge of recruitment?

certainly possible he could have gotten in a huff about transfer spending since he did spend a fair whack (for the champ) at Brighton but wouldn't that have been discussed before he went including that Di Fanti would be in charge of recruitment?

You'd assume so but Poyet has already gone on record suggesting he would walk if he didn't get control over incomings and outgoings.

Edit:

Poyet will not tolerate a repeat and will only agree to the signing of players he, not De Fanti, believes are good enough to improve the squad.

"I'm sure it's going to be done in the right way; in the common sense way," said Poyet when asked about signing players in January.

"Everyone has a responsibility and then the player has to be the right one for me. If not, I'm not going to accept it. I met with Roberto and Valentino (Angeloni, Sunderland's chief scout) and said what I think we need. They need to give me the options and I need to pick the ones I like.

"We talked about a position the other day and considered four players. I picked two. It was simple. One of the other two was a definite no. If that one is coming, I won't be here."

He won't walk out until the end or towards the end of January when he knows the players he wants aren't coming in and we are due to play them early in February so they get another bounce off the 'new manager' honeymoon period.

You'd assume so but Poyet has already gone on record suggesting he would walk if he didn't get control over incomings and outgoings.

maybe but I'll treat this as "itk" bull until proven otherwise (what did amuse me looking on rtg one fella claiming odds dipping on Poyet being next to go had to do with him being a possible candidate for the Spurs job if AVB goes)