Sunderland

Nobody

9 million quid?  :lol: :lol:

Great business by sunderland.

swear to god this f***ing forum and it's determination to hang onto premier league pricing structures from the mid-late '90's is doing my f***ing head in

they've paid 6m for a guy in his early 20's who has been playing top flight football (sort of) since he was about 18

as someone else said the initial fee is the same as one riviere give or take, i know which one i find more ridiculous tbh

What is wrong with laughing at someone paying £9m for a striker who has played for average/below average sides, never really made an impression apart from a run of about 4 games two years ago and has an awful goal scoring record?

Nobody is discussing other fees, there are a lot of daft fees running around - and this is definitely one of them.

With players like Javier Hernandez & Edin Dzeko available for a loan/smaller fee than Wickham you cannot not laugh at the fee Palace have paid for Wickham. There are so many better options available at better prices/deals.

In comparison, they paid £10m for Cabaye - arguably a good price for a good player.

In addition, Wickham has scored 29 career club goals across 4 teams and five years (in 2014 was loaned to Leeds, in the Championship).

In approximately 160 appearances.

Prolific.

Shearer scored 23 goals in 120 appearances for Southampton. Prolific.

Wickham has played a lot out wide in a shite team. £9m in todays marked is nothing. I think that Wickham can be very good if they use him as a striker, not as a wide player in 4-3-3. Wickham between Zaha and Bolasie isn't bad.

Been on a Palace forum, I've honestly never had posts met with such intense hate before. Even here.

I suppose I'll go back there in 6 months when they realise he's not very good and Pardew is constantly playing him on the wing.

In the meantime I'll join in the Pards hate on here

In addition, Wickham has scored 29 career club goals across 4 teams and five years (in 2014 was loaned to Leeds, in the Championship).

Prolific.

Wickham has played a lot out wide in a s**** team. £9m in todays marked is nothing. I think that Wickham can be very good if they use him as a striker, not as a wide player in 4-3-3. Wickham between Zaha and Bolasie isn't bad.

You have to ask yourself why despite having nothing upfront Sunderland couldn't trust him to lead the line, and instead played him out wide.

Prolific.

Wickham has played a lot out wide in a s**** team. £9m in todays marked is nothing. I think that Wickham can be very good if they use him as a striker, not as a wide player in 4-3-3. Wickham between Zaha and Bolasie isn't bad.

Aye he did, he then went on to score 112 in 138 for Blackburn.

Wickham has never made it wherever he has been, he was touted as a "next Rooney" when he was 17 with Ipswich and is only playing Premier League football now because of that. Wickham is a Championship striker, at best.

Been on a Palace forum, I've honestly never had posts met with such intense hate before. Even here.

I suppose I'll go back there in 6 months when they realise he's not very good and Pardew is constantly playing him on the wing.

The I told you so's from our lot on the Palace forums are going to be so incredibly sweet.

Prolific.

You have to ask yourself why despite having nothing upfront Sunderland couldn't trust him to lead the line, and instead played him out wide.

Aye, but people are using his goal scoring record against him and still he has almost the same stats as Shearer had at the same age. And then Wickham has played a lot out wide and i don't think Shearer did the same?

Prolific.

Wickham has never made it wherever he has been, he was touted as a "next Rooney" when he was 17 with Ipswich and is only playing Premier League football now because of that. Wickham is a Championship striker, at best.

But who knows, maybe Wickham will be a great goal scorer for CP.

The I told you so's from our lot on the Palace forums are going to be so incredibly sweet.

The only thing about this season I'm anticipating

Prolific.

But who knows, maybe Wickham will be a great goal scorer for CP.

Agreed, Riviere could also score 40 goals for us next season too mind.

Only time will tell...

I'm not saying that he will be a world beater, but to write off a 22 year old because of his goal rate when he has almost the same rate as one of the greatest goal scorers in the world at the same age are a bit ott.

I'm not saying that he will be a world beater, but to write off a 22 year old because of his goal rate when he has almost the same rate as one of the greatest goal scorers in the world at the same age are a bit ott.

It's not just his goal rate though, every time I have watched him (bar two or three games) he has been absolutely dreadful and looks way out of his depth.

He'd be a decent player for someone like Huddersfield or Brighton.

Really hope Pardew uses him as his central striker. He might do reasonably well in general play, putting himself about a bit, but doesn't strike me as someone who feeds off scrap that Pardew needs.