Newcastle United vs West Ham United - Sat 24th August @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the record, I understand the point about Shola, but the guy makes me cry. I hate him so much.

The thought of him starting ahead of Gouffran is so upsetting.

The Cisse and Gouffran partnership didn't really get a chance to get going against City, and this would be a great game to give it a proper go.

Cant believe he's ditching Gouffran already, especially as he was the better striker on Monday and all.

Frustrating!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15205/8883334

Newcastle United v West Ham United

So Sam Allardyce is back at St James' Park! Well I can tell you one thing: Newcastle wouldn't have got relegated if they'd have kept him. But they were convinced and fear forced them to get rid of him. He is a good manager but playing in Newcastle will bring a problem his way: away form. Last season West Ham were dreadful away; they were Ashford & Simpson - solid - at home but they need to sort that out this time. They need to start picking up points away and I am interested to see how West Ham line-up for this one and whether or not they have a real go at them.

It is possible because Newcastle were poor, very poor, against Man City. Yes, it was no huge surprise and you can point to the sending off of Steven Taylor but the game was gone by then. They were opened up many times and that will need fixing. At least Alan Pardew is thinking they don't have to do too much because they are not going to be as bad as they were last season. But I need to see them a couple more games - starting against Big Sam's West Ham - before you can see if the pressure is going to be on them. But West Ham trying to win away games means only one thing... a Newcastle win.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

Yes, he's s***. Who else is there?

I keep saying this but in the absence of a decent manager I'd rather the one we do have at least sticks to what he knows. We might not get embarrassed every week that way.

Yeah, see my post above. Totally understand where you're coming from.

It's just frustrating that Pardew is so limited really, as we're keeping a much better striker on the bench because of it.

The lack of Jonas, Taylor, Williamson and potentially Tiote has left me feeling slightly more hopeful.

Would quite like to see Dummett again so I'm glad Williamson's out. Also think Colo and Yanga have the makings of a good partnership. The midfield is anyone's guess at this rate. Would like to see Bigi in there but I suspect it will be Anita. Highly doubt Marveaux will get anywhere near the pitch.

Looking at the seating plan looks like there is not that many seats available - am I looking at it correctly as I was expecting a sub 44,000 crowd tomorrow? If I am right and we get anywhere near a 50,000 crowd then that is truly unreal support when you think of the crap over the last 2 months and the shambles of the transfer window so far.

Glad to see Marveaux get a start, hope he makes the most of it. Anita and Sissoko in a 4-4-2 might work and all.

Would be a decent team if we had someone who isn't completely shit in there in Shola's place.

f***ing Shola, man. Isn't it f***ing danceworthy that we didn't sign Bent.

I'm more pissed off that Shola could be starting over Gouffran than that tbh.

We are not going to out do West Ham with brawn, but we should with brain.

Why can't Pardew understand this? the team would be perfect if it was Gouffran instead of Shola.

Pardew always has to find a way to f*ck things up, presuming its the team of course.

Shola's been the last resort for a while now. The substitute you throw on for 15 minutes if you're chasing a goal and everything else hasn't worked. Not got a problem with him coming off the bench purely as a last resort when you've got nothing to lose but to start him, bearing in mind he can't play for more than 20 minutes, is brutal. It's 2013 and after 1 game we're resorting to starting Shola in a Premier League fixture.

This is the best we can do folks, he's fucking wank and we're unwilling to invest in better. It fucking stinks, man.

If you look at it through Pardew's ultra negative glasses, his reasoning for starting shola probably has something to do with mighty West Ham's 'Fret'

from set pieces more than his contribution (or lack of one) in attack.

We can't really expect to win against the great West Ham at home, we have to be on our guard and stay in the game etc.

Looking at the seating plan looks like there is not that many seats available - am I looking at it correctly as I was expecting a sub 44,000 crowd tomorrow? If I am right and we get anywhere near a 50,000 crowd then that is truly unreal support when you think of the crap over the last 2 months and the shambles of the transfer window so far.

be over 50k easily. Wham will have sold 3k no bother at all.

My eyes will bleed if Shola and Tiote start over Gouffran and Anita, if they do and we lose then our manager will deserve all the shit he gets.

Sir Bobby's statue will have more movement than Shola.

Marveaux! Be nice to see a winger who can cross & run at players, create and stuff. Please please please make the most of it.

Assuming Crumpy is itk & not just posting his best guess*

he's posted what saylors mates has posted on another forum.

Marveaux! Be nice to see a winger who can cross & run at players, create and stuff. Please please please make the most of it.

Assuming Crumpy is itk & not just posting his best guess*

The team v city was spot on*

*apart from Jonas getting a late late call to replace cabaye. But i'm reliably informed that this is the team. Might change if cabaye becomes available.