NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need full replacement of CBs.

:thup:

Be perfectly happy to see only MYM here next season.

Quite frankly and this will go down well...there's seriously a handful (if that) of players worth keeping. Most need replacement.

MYM is a complete shadow of a player who captained his club side, had the personal belief of a young man poised to be a French regular, and a title winner.  It's insane the night and day. Talk about the PL being a better league and all that - you can see when a man has confidence in his own ability and self belief - its been completely zapped out of him.

Our squad is weak and not equipped in any of the right areas + coupled with a defeatist manager and poor backroom staff. Most of our players look timid, scared, nervous, and unable to express themselves. Only mad nutters like Tiote and Hatem look any bit of men who believe in their own ability (and that's rare when they actually look themselves too!). The rest look beat down and unconfident. How we go from turning over lower sides and playing well to showing up on a given day and play a 70 minutes like we've lost is beyond me. 

We need full replacement of CBs.

:thup:

Be perfectly happy to see only MYM here next season.

Quite frankly and this will go down well...there's seriously a handful (if that) of players worth keeping. Most need replacement.

MYM is a complete shadow of a player who captained his club side, had the personal belief of a young man poised to be a French regular, and a title winner.  It's insane the night and day. Talk about the PL being a better league and all that - you can see when a man has confidence in his own ability and self belief - its been completely zapped out of him.

You'd think he'd had a great run in the team and then been needlessly dropped for someone who hadn't earned the right to walk back into the side then whenever he was given a chance it was out of position. He's also been openly criticised by our assistant manager on TV for a goal that was the keepers fault. No wonder his confidence is low.

Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran and Anita can stay. The rest can go.

I'd love players like Grenier, Caulker, Remy, Ayew and any player that gives a damn to sign but chances range from an optimistic 'unlikely' to 'downright impossible'.

It's hard to have that much of an interest in who comes in anymore, particularly if you're talking about flair players who might be deemed a luxury by the meatheads managing the team.

Ironically the few flair players who work hard tend to be from England/Jormany and thus we're not allowed to buy them as they'd bankrupt the club.

While depth is a real issue the defence hardly needs wholesale changes. If we actually had a midfield in front of them that was coached to dominate the ball and take the game to the opposition they'd look no where near as bad.

There's nothing critically wrong with the squad that a competent manager wouldn't solve within a few weeks by asking the players to do some crazy shit like moving into space when a teammate has the ball. Real revolutionary stuff. We're in the top half under the stewardship of this utter mug so demanding wholesale changes doesn't make much sense to me.

High player turnover often seems like a great idea but rarely works out that way.

I haven't a clue what this squad is capable of without the individual heroics of either Krul, Cabaye, Ba, Cisse, or Remy in the past 2-3 league campaigns. Currently we're resting on the laurels of Cabaye + Remy's goals; next season we won't have either.

I've said many times that when I look at other mid-table clubs their players at least look somewhat competent trapping, passing, and dribbling the ball. Our players all look fine at their former clubs, and their initial run in the team, but some who require constant coaching (which isn't a bad thing) seem to lose their way.

We've got ourselves a talented squad but we've not a chairman or manager who is capable of identifying how to build these players into a squad correctly, and when we do have these players, we aren't coaching them in any manner to play to eachother strengths or elevate their individual games. 

At this point in time I'm expecting everyone to leave and no one to be bought, I know that'll never happen but if I expect it I won't be so pissed off in the summer when Remy, Coloccini, MYM, Debuchy, De Jong and Hatem leave and we buy one youth player and loan in a defender and a striker and give Ameobi a new contract

All this Lukaku talk man  :jesuswept:

But then again....

Lukaku

Remy                    Ben Arfa

It hurts to know that we'll probably never see anything like this in full flow (with Lukaku or someone of that ilk).

:lol: Imagine having a team, containing a front-line like that, getting spanked at home on a regular basis as soon as we reach the 40-point threshold. Which it would.

the problem for us would be that it'd be:

GK

RB      CB          CB        LB

CM    CM    CM

HBA                                Remy

Lukaku

with the average height of the ball around level 7.