NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colo's long term replacement is already on the books ffs. What is needed is the long-term partner to replace Willo/Saylor for good.

Colo's long term replacement would be replaced first if Pardew had his way.

If we sold Tiote, we'd better get someone like Stambouli in or else we'd be completely toothless in midfield. We've got no one in the current squad with anything like the required physicality and destructive potential of Tiote at his best - or even when he's merely average. I still remember the 3-0 against Man United when Tiote just bossed everything in the centre of the park, totally nullified Rooney and frustrated the hell out of him. He gets a lot of stick sometimes but Tiote can be a hell of a player on his day.

Stambouli has a lot of similar characteristics, is friends with Cabella, younger, sell-on potential, ticks a lot of boxes. But it's incredibly risky to try to cash in on Tiote now even if Stambouli comes in.

Guest reefatoon

If Tiote is to go, I would rather see someone a little more creative come in as all our midfielders are much of a muchness.  We really need someone a little different in there that can open defences and create and support the attack.

We've got Anita, Sissoko, de Jong and Colback for 3 positions, essentially.

If we were to sell Tiote, I'd far rather we invested the money in a striker.

We need to do both to be fair, some creativity in midfield and some goals upfront.

I don't disagree that the striker is by far the most important along with a defender though.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-understood-turned-down-7644421

Newcastle United are understood to have knocked back a bid for Cheick Tiote.

The Magpies turned down a bid believed to be less around 50% less than his current valuation.

And the derisory offer was dismissed out of hand.

Salt in Ashley's coffee

"derisory offers" - something Ashley has NO idea about.