NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would concede it may be good for link ups / commercial benefits mind but from a footballing POV nah, no way.

In other spurious news - http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/newcastle-linked-with-move-for-argentinian-striker/

Have you seen him play? How's he look?

Not seen him for Nice but OK without being great for Boca. Always struck me more of an in the box player rather than a getting involved elsewhere player.

I like Hernandez. For a poacher he's actually a really good footballer.

He'd be a great buy for someone but I don't think our football lends itself to a poacher. We don't get enough balls into the box. We'd be better off with a Lukaku type, hustle and bustle, big presence type forward. I guess hence the Gomis link/bid.

He'd be a great buy for someone but I don't think our football lends itself to a poacher. We don't get enough balls into the box. We'd be better off with a Lukaku type, hustle and bustle, big presence type forward. I guess hence the Gomis link/bid.

Urgh. I keep forgetting what we're like actually. Now you mention it, we shouldn't go anywhere near this player.

Have no idea why nobody has went in for him like.

So under rated!

Fair enough, stick him behind RVP & Rooney, but Welbeck? URGH!

Would love a proper quality striker like that, but doubt he'd come here.

I would concede it may be good for link ups / commercial benefits mind but from a footballing POV nah, no way.

In other spurious news - http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/newcastle-linked-with-move-for-argentinian-striker/

Not seen him for Nice but OK without being great for Boca. Always struck me more of an in the box player rather than a getting involved elsewhere player.

Not particularly quick, not particularly strong, doesn't usually have one outstanding attribute...... but does get goals.

Javier Hernandez? Would absolutely love that.

Have no idea how much they'd want for him though.

Too much.

£12 million?

Would we be willing to spend that? I wish we would. Going for a player like Hernandez would make too much sense.

Not particularly quick, not particularly strong, doesn't usually have one outstanding attribute...... but does get goals.

Was absolute horseshit at @j@x. Would steer well clear.

And since then he's preformed in a better league.

And since then he's improved in a better league.

Possibly, but he's 29 now if that article is to be believed and he's never showed it at the highest level. I don't think he is what we need at all.

And since then he's improved in a better league.

Possibly, but he's 29 now if that article is to be believed and he's never showed it at the highest level. I don't think he is what we need at all.

:thup: just be a spurious link me thinks.

Another big fan of Hernandez here, think he's quality. The type of player that keeps defenders shit scared because of his excellent movement off the ball and great finishing. Would love for us to in for him on loan in January, get him some first team football before the world cup, but I doubt he would come here and that we'd pay the wages he'd want.