The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I wasn't expecting this, maybe because he's such a big name. However, Palace are under-achieving, given the talent in their squad. From what I've seen, team spirit seems to be a bit lacking. 

If they go down, we should be in for Eze. A really good player who just needs a gentle kick up the arse.

Eurgh, don’t want Rafa going there. Happy for them to appoint some established loser and for them to fade away back into the championship. You’d have to say they’re just about the most boring side in the league apart from Wolves

I don't think Rafa can be seen as a safe bet any more. He doesn't always get on well with people, and it needs someone to get that team to get quickly. I think they need to be a bit bolder than that. 

I'm a bit stumped because it needs someone with experience, and I can't think of a good fit. It doesn't look like a job for an up and coming manager from the lower divisions.

Gerrard made some mistakes at Villa - principally Coutinho and the fiasco with Mings and the captaincy. I think he will come good as a manager in the end, but this doesn't feel like the right fresh start for him. His stock is very low at the moment.

There'll be no shortage of takers, because I think the squad has potential, but the timing is bad and it looks like a good opportunity for someone to ruin their career.

I thought Paddy V did a great job until recently, especially having to rebuild and aging and out of contract squad. He brought in some real talent and the future looked solid. For some reason it's just not continued this season and it's probably the right decision given where they are with 10 games to go. 

If they get this wrong and go down I'd hope were in for Mitchell, Guehi, Olise & Eze. Probably a couple more which could be worth attention as well. Tbh, there's over half a 1st team of very good young potential there, it's certainly a better job to take than the one he inherited.