The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest neesy111

Mata and herera both leaving in the summer as well.  Comical how they need a rebuilding job after the money they've spent after fergie retired

The fruits of Michael Owen's precious big club transfer policy, a bunch of egotistical unmanageable prima donnas. How ridiculous that rafa wants to put together players he knows will form a united team and suit his system. It'll never work.

I'd love to see some stats on form under caretakers and form once they've been made permanent. Always seems to nosedive almost immediately, yet almost every club has fallen into the trap of doing it at some stage. Wonder why it is as well - to me it seems a lot of the time the players think the caretaker's a bit of a soft touch so they try to get him the job then once he gets it they fuck it off.

I like how the pundits and journalists immediately forget that it always always happens. As soon as a caretaker wins a couple of games, there's an immediate clamour for him to get the job, without fail.

Ed Woodward is the worst thing thats happened to that football club in recent years. OGS was a mental appointment. As a caretaker fair enough, while they search for someone more permanent but to give it to him permanently after a decent run is fucking bizzare. At least wait until the end of the season?

Its a huge rebuilding job. Its way to big for OGS. Yet they've tied him down on the back of a decent run of form. Thats not to mention the contracts he's handed out in the last few weeks. From Van Gaal to backing Mourinho to the hilt even though his tactics were past it. Square pegs for round holes with the players brought in etc.

Why the fuck is this plank still making massive decisions at the club? He's been an absolute disaster since 2013 for crying out loud. Long may it continue but its beyond belief like.

Ed Woodward is the worst thing thats happened to that football club in recent years. OGS was a mental appointment. As a caretaker fair enough, while they search for someone more permanent but to give it to him permanently after a decent run is fucking bizzare. At least wait until the end of the season?

Its a huge rebuilding job. Its way to big for OGS. Yet they've tied him down on the back of a decent run of form. Thats not to mention the contracts he's handed out in the last few weeks. From Van Gaal to backing Mourinho to the hilt even though his tactics were past it. Square pegs for round holes with the players brought in etc.

Why the fuck is this plank still making massive decisions at the club? He's been an absolute disaster since 2013 for crying out loud. Long may it continue but its beyond belief like.

As a corporate businessman he’s great with the sponsorship deals he’s brought in. He doesn’t have a fucking clue how to run the club though and it was an easy job when Fergie ran everything football related, even self appointed Moyes as his replacement. Now he’s being shown up to having no clue about the sport at all.

From his wiki :lol:

Edward Gareth Woodward (born 9 November 1971) is an English former accountant and investment banker, and is the current executive vice-chairman of Manchester United In his current role, Woodward serves as the chief executive destroying the club from top to bottom.[2][3]

At the time of signing OGS you'd struggle to find a reason why not, but it's still a bit weird why they did it when they did when there was no reason to sign him permanently until the summer anyway.

I'll admit I kind of fell into the trap of thinking although he's not a very good manager, it could be that he just fits the club perfectly due to his background and philosophy. Although the results in April have been bad, it's been against difficult opposition including 2 games against Barca where they weren't expected to get a result in either games anyway.

I like how the pundits and journalists immediately forget that it always always happens. As soon as a caretaker wins a couple of games, there's an immediate clamour for him to get the job, without fail.

:thup: Like clockwork. The average person or pundit must just never bother trying to notice trends or something :lol: I know every situation is different but I'm honestly struggling to think of an occasion it's happened and things haven't gone badly quickly.

Thing is with Solskjaer, on the basis of results versus previous he did deserve a shot at it, as did Roeder with us. But a club the size of Man Utd, and us at that time tbf, should be thinking a lot more big picture than "we're not losing much anymore so go on then". It sets clubs back by miles.

At the time of signing OGS you'd struggle to find a reason why not, but it's still a bit weird why they did it when they did when there was no reason to sign him permanently until the summer anyway.

I'll admit I kind of fell into the trap of thinking although he's not a very good manager, it could be that he just fits the club perfectly due to his background and philosophy. Although the results in April have been bad, it's been against difficult opposition including 2 games against Barca where they weren't expected to get a result in either games anyway.

pretty much my thoughts as well. There's obviously more problems at man utd beyond the latest idiot in the managers seat and it makes you wonder how much fergies sheer brilliance papered over some massive faults with the way the club was being run. What I wonder is who's in charge of the transfers this summer because I wouldn't trust either OGS or Woodward to get the right players for what they need despite the huge money they can throw at the problem.

Love that Man U are just like every other club now. I might not want to have admitted it at the time, but Sir Alex Ferguson was on another level. The only way they'll get back to that domination is with a time machine, I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted. Just look how long its taken Liverpool to reclaim even a small part of their dominance.

Love that Man U are just like every other club now. I might not want to have admitted it at the time, but Sir Alex Ferguson was on another level. The only way they'll get back to that domination is with a time machine, I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted. Just look how long its taken Liverpool to reclaim even a small part of their dominance.

Best manager of all-time over here at least.

Was hard to see them not giving it to him, but I think "unavoidable mistake"was maybe the best description of it, it was always going to go wrong.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/29/manchester-united-told-made-unavoidable-mistake-appointing-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-9058493/

I wonder whether one or two of the players who got Solksjaer the job are a bit peeved now that he's started criticising the performances, and with all this talk of a lot of players being shifted out.

It's often a problem for ex-caretaker managers. I seem to remember Willie McFaul losing the dressing room in a similar way.

I'll moderately disagree, they may be fucking things up right now but they are still a money making machine and can become competitive again with some smart decisions. Liverpools problem is iirc they didn't market the club as well as man utd late 80's early 90's so were always playing catch up to man utds ridiculous commercial income.