The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I don't particularly rate him, but agree with the notion that Leicester is a good fit. It's a good stage to demonstrate if he really does have something about him anymore, and if he's as ordinary as me and a few other commentators feel, then he'll demonstrate that too.

I'd be surprised if he lasts there as long as he did at Liverpool.

I don't particularly rate him, but agree with the notion that Leicester is a good fit. It's a good stage to demonstrate if he really does have something about him anymore, and if he's as ordinary as me and a few other commentators feel, then he'll demonstrate that too.

I'd be surprised if he lasts there as long as he did at Liverpool.

gone within 2 years imo

It does not surprise me at all if we see Leicester relegate to the championship. May be not in this season, but the direction points toward permanent relegation battle year after year. Ownership seems to be little clueless. All those managers they appoint, there is no direction or the plan.

Bit strange they were so keen to get it done so quickly considering where they are in the table and I don't think Rodgers is really a new manager bounce type

Chance to get his ideas across without any pressure of qualifying for Europe or going down so a decent chance he can hit the ground running next season.

Is it Rodgers’ David Brent antics that make people not rate him? As far as I can see he’s a very good manager.

don't know how to rate him honestly. If pushed I'd say he's a good manager who can get caught up in his own hype when things are going well

It does not surprise me at all if we see Leicester relegate to the championship. May be not in this season, but the direction points toward permanent relegation battle year after year. Ownership seems to be little clueless. All those managers they appoint, there is no direction or the plan.

Nah got a lot of quality in that team. Good in every department imo with a bit of depth too. 

I like Brendan but I don’t get this move for Leicester.  Their problem from what I could tell is boring, slow build up play when they would make a great counter attacking team. Brendan’s speciality is the slow possession side.

Is it Rodgers’ David Brent antics that make people not rate him? As far as I can see he’s a very good manager.

don't know how to rate him honestly. If pushed I'd say he's a good manager who can get caught up in his own hype when things are going well

The Brent act always seems like a risk. One that doesn't seem to have backfired that much yet but I always feel like it's something the players could easily turn on if things aren't going well.

It's all well and good having him Brent about the place with his envelopes when you're winning but it's probably a lot harder to get the players to buy into whatever bollocks you're talking when you're on a 4 game losing streak.

Fantastic news, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Shame that Rafa loses some leverage, I guess, but the Leicester threat is gone.

Great appointment for Leicester, Rodgers and Newcastle :thup:

I don’t think Rafa leaving would have much to do with whether he wanted to be Leicester manager TBH.

Fantastic news, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Shame that Rafa loses some leverage, I guess, but the Leicester threat is gone.

Great appointment for Leicester, Rodgers and Newcastle :thup:

Even Rafa signing a new contract with NUFC doesn't really help us other than near enough guaranteeing continued Premier League status.

Ashley is still in charge and will still continue to shaft us, and Rafa, left right and centre.

I think most PL managers are ‘good’ managers.  It’s just that some are better fits for some clubs and teams than others.  Some are able to step it up to higher levels and some aren’t. 

this is why the likes of rafa are head and shoulders above, no doubt in my mind he could rock up to any PL side and do a job

I think most PL managers are ‘good’ managers.  It’s just that some are better fits for some clubs and teams than others.  Some are able to step it up to higher levels and some aren’t. 

this is why the likes of rafa are head and shoulders above, no doubt in my mind he could rock up to any PL side and do a job

But it’s the people side that would mess it up.

I think the majority of top 7 teams, he’s too defensive for their fans and maybe some of the players too. 

That’s what done him at Real. Players didn’t buy into him at all and it caused him to fail.