The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I find Tony Fernandes really f***ing irritating.

Me too. His twitter posts really wind me up. He's always looking like he's trying to be cool and keeping the fans in the know. Hasn't he recently said he's found his dream manager or something and it's nearly done?

David Gold does the same too.

Have Villa got any decent young players in the reserves? As much as I dislike Sherwood, one of the things he did well at Spurs was giving the likes of Bentaleb & Kane their chance.

Jack Grealish is their biggest prospect I believe.

Have Villa got any decent young players in the reserves? As much as I dislike Sherwood, one of the things he did well at Spurs was giving the likes of Bentaleb & Kane their chance.

Jack Grealish is their biggest prospect I believe.

Sounds like a character from World of Warcraft.  Though that didn't help Nile Ranger.

If they appoint Sherwood, then to be honest, that's me finished with this club, at least until Lerner f***s off elsewhere.

Absolutely f***ing brainless.

Strangely, over the last month or two on a few occasions, fans have posted pics of Sherwood at our games. It almost sounds like they're been actively grooming him.

Which would be like plying Sonia from Eastenders with champagne all night in order to try to get in her knickers.

You broken Brummie?

The parallels between us, sorry, the current NUFC incarnation and you are uncanny at the moment.

I agree wth the sentiments that he will keep you up, but he seems thoroughly unlikable and this appointment seems rash in the least.

If they appoint Sherwood, then to be honest, that's me finished with this club, at least until Lerner f***s off elsewhere.

Absolutely f***ing brainless.

Strangely, over the last month or two on a few occasions, fans have posted pics of Sherwood at our games. It almost sounds like they're been actively grooming him.

Which would be like plying Sonia from Eastenders with champagne all night in order to try to get in her knickers.

You broken Brummie?

The parallels between us, sorry, the current NUFC incarnation and you are uncanny at the moment.

I agree wth the sentiments that he will keep you up, but he seems thoroughly unlikable and this appointment seems rash in the least.

Truly awful appointment.

Basically, we are like you, in that until we get a change of owner, we are shackled to a world of mediocrity.

I bet Lerner doesn't even know who Sherwood is.

Awful appointment. He's like a mini Pardew FFS. This doesn't seem to be going down well with the fans.

I give it less than a month till he starts putting his foot in his mouth, the dimwitted gobshite.

Guest Roger Kint

Found this really bizarre on Villa's official website:

'The club are excited to have secured the services of one of English football's most highly sought after managers.'

Sherwood probably wrote that.

Considering most teams after managers have sacked theirs for being shit and struggling thats hardly a boast. :lol:

Does someone with half a brain want to explain the Pardew comparisons to me? Sherwood is honest and plays attacking football. Those aspects alone make him Pardew's opposite. From the south though, eh.

Think it has more to do with them both being snide assholes.

No offence at all to brummie, but i've just seen this, and :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can understand that there isn't a dearth of managers out there to choose from, and it is definitely better than appointing the likes of Redknapp/Venables/Curbishly....but fucking hell...

Who knows though. He might turn out to be a genius just waiting for his chance.

To be honest, I think Villa could have appointed anyone (bar John Carver) and that would have been enough to keep them up, which is surely the priority here. Long term planning can wait for now, it's all about survival for them right now. Anyway just getting someone else in to replace the stale Lambert and bring in a sense of purpose to their football club, should do the job.  Watch Benteke start to bang them in again now, and Sherwood will be classed as a genius when really it's much like the situation we had when Roeder replaced Souness.