The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Bob's a good dude, and a solid manager. Glad he's finally getting his chance in a big league. Europe's always been a wasteland for American managers, but we could have two in the Premer League between him and Wagner next season.

My goodness.

Could you imagine if we were going through what Villa are at the minute?

Must be so depressing man. Damn.

:lol: An underperforming team seeks to replace a ill fitting manager during a break, giving them ample time to make a sensible decision.

The horror.

:lol: They replaced Pardew with Carver and turned off their phones for months.

This is the result of selling to a group of know nothing Americans. Guidolin had the full support of the Swansea fans everyone could see that he was screwed from the decisions made by the new board over the summer and felt the team had played well this season, only the Hull game was a shock the rest could be expected, a very hard start to the season.

As can be seen by our messageboard, very little to no support for this action.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/180140/page:1#.V_JaOSgrLIU

Looks like our flirt with the Premiership will end this season. Hope we can stop a slide like the 1980's.

Guest firetotheworks

Guidolin, Hughes and Pulis were my choices but who knows. Guidolin seemed a little meek to me, but it's hard to tell how things are at other clubs.

Guidolin, Hughes and Pulis were my choices but who knows. Guidolin seemed a little meek to me, but it's hard to tell how things are at other clubs.

Well he did look like a bit of a homeless drunk, but when he spoke he seemed fairly measured and intelligent, and his team played decent enough football. Always hard to tell from a distance, but usually a team that is struggling doesn't show much spirit, but Swansea have looked feisty enough in the games I've seen. Just maybe lacking some genuine quality compared to the past couple of seasons.

Guidolin's tactic were draining them. They were pressing with so much energy in firs half of every game that they would always run out of steam in the second. They just weren't able to change their style enough.

Wonder who their next messiah will be?

Still can't believe I got banned in one post for asking that on a villa forum. Touchy.  :lol:

Though I did ask if it were going to be jasper carrot. Still more constructional questioning than anything else.  :hmm:

Definitely. Huddersfield could lose their momentum earlier than expected and Villa could start getting more points off from our promotion rivals. Saying this, i'm not sure he would like to go there, at least not this season.

What he is doing with Huddersfield is working. There is no garuantee that it will work with Villa or they even have the players to do it, on top of it needing time to come into effect. It would be massive gamble to go to Villa and try it.

It would be a massive risk for him to swap Huddersfield for Villa in the current situation.

If he truly believes in what he is doing at the terriers and belives in his players and that they can defy all odds this season he should stay. Otherwise he's probably better off taking a gamble and going to Villa, a big club with arguably a better squad than he has now at Huddersfield despite the huge gap between them at present.

Hope they get him, as it would be a poor appointment imo.  Villa's squad is so horribly imbalanced it probably needs more money spent or certainly a change of tact.  Wagner plays a high press that could be a disaster as they don't have the legs for it so would get picked off at will, even in the Championship.  Villa's attitude of let's sign all the high priced 20 goal a season strikers and hoping for the best has been woeful, no thought given to the other side.  Elphick as an example is completely s***.  Bruce would make much more sense, hope they get Wagner as double whammy for us.