The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

9 hours ago, brummie said:

Carragher coming out punching for his mate in the Torygraph today. 

TBF Carragher said on Talksport yesterday that once the fans turned there was no going back for Stevie G 

It was apparent to me last season, and I know it’s easy to say now he’s been canned, but the way he shifted the blame into the players made me think he couldn’t last. He didn’t give a sense of collective in the interviews I saw (after a bad result). 
I thought that would wear thin with his squad at some point.

He might have a bit of Sounessitis tbh. Whereby, as a player, he was so self motivated and so mean to dominate as a personality trait he can’t empathise with players who need coaxing from their leader. 

12 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I'm not pitching him for Villa but I find it strange how Nuno Espirito Santo went from being very highly coveted to very much not. Even Spurs who appointed him only did so cos there was no one else interested. Walked the Championship, consecutive 7th place PL finishes, an FA Cup semi-final, Europa League quarter-final; literally Wolves' best couple of years since the early 70s. Was it all just a bit of a lie or what?

Edit, just seen he's at Al-Ittihad.

I'd have taken Nuno like. Wouldn't now, wouldn't take anyone over Eddie.

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

It was apparent to me last season, and I know it’s easy to say now he’s been canned, but the way he shifted the blame into the players made me think he couldn’t last. He didn’t give a sense of collective in the interviews I saw (after a bad result). 
I thought that would wear thin with his squad at some point.

He might have a bit of Sounessitis tbh. Whereby, as a player, he was so self motivated and so mean to dominate as a personality trait he can’t empathise with players who need coaxing from their leader. 

Was thinking the same myself, not just about the blame shifting, but also the Souness comparison.

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Surely Beale's performances at QPR just show that he was the reason any Gerrard side did well was him and Gerrard was holding those teams back by being there.

I don’t think it was ever a secret. Even Gerrard told everyone Beale did the tactics and training.

14 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Surely Beale's performances at QPR just show that he was the reason any Gerrard side did well was him and Gerrard was holding those teams back by being there.

On the flip side, Villa only won 2 of the last 11 games that Beale was there for, in fairness. He may have contributed a lot to the winning coaching setups, but must take some responsibility for them being shite too, especially when Gerrard doesn’t do much coaching himself. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

On the flip side, Villa only won 2 of the last 11 games that Beale was there for, in fairness. He may have contributed a lot to the winning coaching setups, but must take some responsibility for them being shite too, especially when Gerrard doesn’t do much coaching himself. 

I guess, but what did Gerrard do then?

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

worth pointing out, Villa under Gerrard and Beale were better than without Beale but at the same time, far from great.