The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Villa fans seemingly convinced Emery will be announced this week 

They were also convinced Poch was begging to join them with Tuchel as his no2. 

Emery would be interesting after turning us down and us going on to better things. Bet he swerves his 1st game being against us.

Jamie O'Hara sticking up for Gerrard in true English-manager-worship mode

“It actually really annoyed me. It annoyed me because they obviously downed tools for Gerrard. Look, Aston Villa are a good team with some good players. But it annoyed me that the energy and performance they put in is kind of where you need to look at yourselves then as players,” O’Hara said on TalkSPORT.

“The mentality within the group, because you’ve obviously showed that you downed tools for Gerrard and his coaching staff, and that’s not right. Gerrard did everything he could to try and get results and when you look at it, nothing much changed massively, it was just the effort changed.”

So, basically it was because they didn't like Gerrard.

Nothing to do with Danks dropping players out of form, players who Gerrard never dropped, and nothing to do with him playing 4231, which we've been begging Gerrard to play for ages, yet he never ever changed things.

You could predict that kind of response to the letter once Villa bounced back.

"The players need to take a long hard look at themselves" type of comment.

It's from the usual pundits who will just put everything down to 'heart' and 'desire', as if a manager's only job is to throw in a few soundbites ten minutes before a match and then give it over to the players.

Just like with Bruce, there are too many people who are either his mates or had predicted he'd be a success and so now either can't or won't admit they were wrong.

I watched Gerrard's last game in charge, looked at how disorganised Villa looked, watched him on the touchline staring cluelessly, and then listened to his cliche ridden press conference after. The parallels with Bruce were incredible.

It's even more frustrating when they ignore the views of the thousands of fans who watch every week, follow their team through thick and thin, know their players and spend their days thinking about the team and tactics, debating it with their friends etc.

But no, they're all wrong and deluded, and you should listen to whatever half sentence the likes of Gabby Agbonlahor manages to string together that day instead.

I'm a little bit torn that the rise of modern, hardworking, thinking-man's-managers like Potter and Howe is coinciding with the obvious failures of PFMs like CabbageHeed and Stevie Me. On the one hand, the clueless "pashun-driven" PFMs will no longer be able to con as many cycles of grift that the past two decades afforded Bruce. On the other hand, somebody will then have to provide entertainment whilst taking their clubs into and around the relegation spots.

If he does go, you have to think that a decent part of it will be motivated by regret at a missed opportunity here. He clearly wants to succeed in the premier league and he’s probably not in line for a top four club. The kind of clubs he could have gone to would have been us or Leicester, and now West Ham or Villa but the best opportunity by a mile out of those was us. Hopefully he goes to Villa and takes some points off our rivals like Supertoon says