The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Nobody wants to go to Newcastle, Nobody turns down Villa, bigger club, Emery better than Howe. Emery turned down Newcastle. 

:lol:

The fella wouldn’t even be able to point Birmingham out on a map 

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Villa copying Newcastle again it seems 

Some really strange stuff going on between the two clubs. There's a rivalry growing :lol:

Would love it if Emery bombs. Found his carrying on after our approach extremely irritating.

Villa have obviously got a lot of history, but I don't know, always found them a bit of a boring club with mostly pretty dispassionate fans - like Fulham but not as bad as them. They'd be low down on clubs I'd want to play for in my imaginary world as a player - like I'd much rather be at say, Leeds, Everton or West Ham.

Anyway, Emery is probably a good appointment- can see them pushing for that 'best of the rest' area. Hopefully they've too much to catch up this season, and by the time they're better, we'll hopefully be better again.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Great appointment.

Was starting to get a bit concerned about ambition given how long they stuck with Gerrard, but to ship the cunt out on the Thursday immediately after the match ended was an impressive start, and to get a top level replacement in by the Monday is going some.

Only one match but saw in the performance yesterday that Gerrard - despite what his media fan club say - has been utterly fucking throttling this squad for a long time.

Proper formation, players knowing what they need to do, non-performers dropped, all these things that Gerrard just didn't understand, or want to, because he just wanted it all to be about him.

I just don't get some people. The world and his wife could see we needed to be playing 4231 and not with Luiz as the sole DM so he can get forward, and what happens? Has his best game for us in ages. Not only that, the radical step of playing Leon Bailey on the left rather than the right also changes things hugely.

We're not going to become world beaters overnight but getting rid of that wanker feels like a definite step in the right direction.

23 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Something like that

btw did you see the empty seats at Villa against Brentford.

It was sold out, we haven't failed to sell out a home game for ages now. Just ST holders not showing, I guess.

Incidentally, when I go on about Gerrard, remember, I thought it was a stupid appointment (and said so on here at the time) but was absolutely happy to give him a chance, and probably gave him longer than the majority of our fans did. I am the voice of moderation when i talk about him.

That is how mind-numbingly fucking horrible his regime was. Like being transported back to 1984.

Edited by brummie

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

It was sold out, we haven't failed to sell out a home game for ages now. Just ST holders not showing, I guess.

Fair enough. Was just going off what I could see.

Tend to rely on that with a club down the road inflating attenandce figures.

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Decent appointment. I bet he’s been absolutely gutted watching Howe’s success here and must fancy his chances of doing similar.

I can't wait to see the look on his face when we paste them and he realises that Eddie is doing an amazing job at an amazing club and he is stuck trying to pick up the pieces from the devastation slippy left behind, at a shit club with a bunch of cunts for fans. The look on his face will be delicious.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Some really strange stuff going on between the two clubs. There's a rivalry growing :lol:

Would love it if Emery bombs. Found his carrying on after our approach extremely irritating.

There’s no rivalry - they acted like complete wankers in 2009 about a club with which they had zero history.  Most of us now get schadenfreude when something unfortunate happens to them, but I can’t say I’m any more arsed when we play them compared to playing anyone else, really.  They’re trying to force a rivalry, and there’s a massive chip on the shoulder down there it seems.  They seem obsessed of late of players and managers going there instead of here (even though this appears to have only happened with Digne.  How did that one work out?).  Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure we all wish we had Emery instead of Howe, Carlos instead of Botman, and Coutinho instead of Bruno … :) 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I know Twitter is absolutely rammed with idiots but the Villa fans seem to work especially hard to put themselves as imbeciles 

Think it comes naturally