The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Forest would be mad to sack Cooper now. I know it’s tight down there and it’s going to be a case of how unlucky you maybe come the last day, but Forest are not one of the ones I think will go down.

Something's gone badly wrong at Leicester. Feels like they have been relying too much on players with one eye on the exit door. And a manager who would probably have jumped ship at the first chance if any half decent club had shown interest.

Leicester have been wank for the better part of 18 months. Due to mates from down at my old uni I've watched a few of their games recently and fuck me, they're dreadful. More often than not its just Maddison and inshallah (even though its almost certain he's off in the summer) but if he isn't on it they're absolutely pathetic as an attacking unit. 0 shots in 45 minutes against a side that hasn't won a game this calendar year before today ffs.

It's getting a bit toxic, the fans don't want him there. I'm surprised he's still there given their form post World Cup. Our easiest win of the season came against them on Boxing Day, had it wrapped up in the first 7 minutes. 

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Potter, Cooper, and Rodgers hat trick tomorrow/Monday?

Aye, does look like a queue is forming. However, it’s the worst time in the season to make a change, someone can barely come in and affect things so they can only really do it if they have proper options lined up 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Klopps Liverpool time is starting to match his end at Dortmond.

Liverpool had a similar season a few years back - sneaked in 4th and were back to their old self the season after - won 2 cups - CLFinal 

I’d be shocked in at 2 quality midfielders are not bought 

Potter is doing a terrible job.   If he was Portuguese or something he would be getting slated in the media. 

Nuno had done very good jobs at Wolves and Valencia.  4 months at Spurs and everyone said he wasn’t up to the challenge. Potter has stunk it out even longer and people think he could walk into the Spurs job. 

11 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Potter is doing a terrible job.   If he was Portuguese or something he would be getting slated in the media. 

Nuno had done very good jobs at Wolves and Valencia.  4 months at Spurs and everyone said he wasn’t up to the challenge. Potter has stunk it out even longer and people think he could walk into the Spurs job. 

Not saying the treatment of Nuno wasn’t unfair, but Chelsea are a basketcase of a football club. What’s going on there is more of a reflection of the absolute shambles in the boardroom than Potter’s ability.

If Potter goes I think there’ll be a mad scramble for his services. Spurs seem to have an almighty hard-on for Nagelsmann, but I think Potter would be a great appointment in all honesty. Exactly the profile of manager they should be after considering the scale of the rebuild required.

48 minutes ago, christ said:

Not saying the treatment of Nuno wasn’t unfair, but Chelsea are a basketcase of a football club. What’s going on there is more of a reflection of the absolute shambles in the boardroom than Potter’s ability.

If Potter goes I think there’ll be a mad scramble for his services. Spurs seem to have an almighty hard-on for Nagelsmann, but I think Potter would be a great appointment in all honesty. Exactly the profile of manager they should be after considering the scale of the rebuild required.

I would say Spurs are in a worse situation that Chelsea. Spurs have a lot of average players that base their style on Kane goals. Chelsea have far to many players that need managing, but could be sorted into a team with a few tweeks by a top manager.

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Next manager to go is a volatile market atm. I couldn't safely say who is in the most danger.

Mind, Forest deserve to go down if they sack Cooper. 

They were looking safe, did a good deal in getting Navas to replace Henderson being injured then inexplicably wasted two slots on Wood and Shelvey when one other decent signing instead could have seen them over the line.

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They were looking safe, did a good deal in getting Navas to replace Henderson being injured then inexplicably wasted two slots on Wood and Shelvey when one other decent signing instead could have seen them over the line.

Fell into the needing league experience trap, and they probably do, but questionable whether those 2 are the right ones. Good for us though. :lol:

2 hours ago, christ said:

Foreign managers don’t get any slack for how bad their clubs are.   

Potter seems to be a good coach and at least a decent manager. In another setup he might do a great job. But on its own merits, he’s stinking this job out and there’s room for improvement in the dug out for sure. 

I would like to see him in another good job. But tbh - he doesn’t deserve it anymore than a Nuno.  

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure any of that is Cooper's fault mind, doubt he has much say over transfers

16 hours ago, Mikky said:

Liverpool had a similar season a few years back - sneaked in 4th and were back to their old self the season after - won 2 cups - CLFinal 

I’d be shocked in at 2 quality midfielders are not bought 

Yeah for £70m each and the goofy twat will still moan they can't compete, and about how unfair it is other clubs are allowed to spend two bob. Wanker, him not you ;)

Edited by Bimpy474