The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

15 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Rodgers will be at West Ham at the start of next season.

This is a great shout and a perfect fit.

Rodgers is a European class manager, despite what's gone on recently at Leicester.

Give him Rice/Paqueta/Scammaca/Bowen etc, you would fancy him finding a tune out of them.

I dunno where I stand with Rodgers, used to think he was an absolute fraud, and had little sympathy with him whinging over the summer when I thought he was just looking for a payoff, but covid destroyed their owners income stream didn't it, and resulted in no money for a while. Equally you look at his league finishes till this season and cup runs and actually pretty solid stuff with the team. Problem is if you find not quite trying hard enough to get to champions league sort of level enough, or if it's quite soulless after their league win to just aim for the middle. Having said that you need resources to geniuinely challenge for champions league and it was probably a pipe dream they could ever maintain even close to that. 

They have been very poor this season, and from their fans Rodgers has not really helped himself despite lack of investment. Seemed to be very negative on his own players for a while. Not sure if his reputation has completely gone down the bin considering the limitations though. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Levy has always been a fan of Rodgers.

Already been rumours. But for Spurs would feel like a pure 6/10 appointment. He's a better fit than Conte though and certainly that's Portuguese fella.

Just now, Collage said:

Surprised it’s taken this long. If Potter is sacked I could see him doing a good job at Leicester.

Yes. Great shout. Probably the closest thing to Brighton he could get.

Excepting Brentford are also brilliantly ran but a bit less potential over the long haul.

52 minutes ago, STM said:

This is a great shout and a perfect fit.

Rodgers is a European class manager, despite what's gone on recently at Leicester.

Give him Rice/Paqueta/Scammaca/Bowen etc, you would fancy him finding a tune out of them.

Agree, could see West Ham and Brenda being a good fit. A club with a decent profile and not too big to create ambitions beyond his capabilities.