Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i don't know how to respond to you any more tbh brett

People get caught up in soundbytes in clubs statements in how cups and europe aren't financially worth targeting or whatever s**** they said. End of the day though, they aren't on the pitch to stop the players from giving it a go. Yes we've had some dire cup performances, and last season million miles from Europe in the league but as far as i can see right now, the players/manager are going all out for highest possible position. I couldn't have been anymore pleased with how they handled themselves on the pitch at Hull. So p*ssed off that this headbutt has totally taken the shine of the players and even Pardew's own tactics to an extent. He’s let everyone down by his actions and he’ll know it.

Even with that headbutt though, everyone left Hull with a belief we can get into Europe this season and we are still very much alive and kicking. You didn't leave the stadium thinking what a waste of time, we are done for, players have packed up their cases for the summer hols and we've nothing left to play for. Instead they did us proud and showed there's still life in this season yet, what more could you ask of them?

i don't know how to respond to you any more tbh brett

Probably because Brett is, in fact, spot on.

not really, there's some truth to what he's talking about but because brett values finishing 8th over cup runs, consistently beating the mackems and our manager presiding over some of the worst records in recent history that doesn't make him right

he also appears to believe, like pardew himself, that said disgusting runs of form are nothing to do with pardew and seemingly just happen so we have to accept them - i choose to believe that the runs are a direct result of his marginal style of management, shocking decision-making and inability to manage more than 11 players effectively over the course of a season

A couple of wins and everything gets swept under the carpet.

Such bollocks man. As always, and as is obvious, the positive side is more evident when we win and the negative side more evident when we lose.

And what exactly is the positive side?

He's a poor to average manager (place him where you want within that), there's no positives to having him in charge other than the fact "he might be better than to next bloke," which tbf is a factor, but not a one that should reflect how you feel about Pardew himself.

Guest The_Optimistic

Such bollocks man. As always, and as is obvious, the positive side is more evident when we win and the negative side more evident when we lose.

He's a poor to average manager (place him where you want within that), there's no positives to having him in charge other than the fact "he might be better than to next bloke," which tbf is a factor, but not a one that should reflect how you feel about Pardew himself.

Tell us who you want as manager, and where you expect us to be position wise with your suggestion?

I think the problem for the F.A. is that if they let him off lightly (or what could be seen as lightly by the media) then it doesn't really set an example to players, fans, younguns, etc. It's tricky because that kind of behaviour, being out of control like that, really needs punitive reaction from the authorities. There is so much disrepect throughout the game that letting this go will send out ther wrong message. The flipside for the F.A. is that if they hit him with a long ban they're effectively getting him sacked.

The longer the ban the better for me as I don't want to watch anybody, player or manager sticking a head on anybody else. The greater the punishment, the less likely we are to see it again. Whether some think it was handbags is irrelevant, the name of our club has been dragged through the mud again by an employee and nobody should view that as being acceptable. The fact that I would love to see the back of Pardew doesn't even come into it.

Guest reefatoon

Has he been sacked as a pundit for the world cup yet?

Hope so, looking forward to a decent break from the greasy faced cunt.

Tell us who you want as manager, and where you expect us to be position wise with your suggestion?

Ergh.

Guest The_Optimistic

Ergh.

Thought so.

Ergh.

Thought so.

It's a pointless question that has nothing at all to do with what I'm saying.

Given that it looks as though he won't be sacked based on the incident alone and the fact that the other topic started to stray into the usual territory, thought it might as well be merged with the original cesspool now. Bye Brett.

It's not specifically about the position in the league with Pardew.  He's had 3 full seasons here.  The first one was a very good league result, the second was a very poor league result, this one is essentially on par given the squad he has available.

Everything else surrounding that has been poor, which is why I don't want him at the club.

Guest The_Optimistic

Anyway I want Klepp and I reckon we'd finish top 4 with him. Does that answer the question?

You suggested Pardew is average at best.  I was asking you who do you want and where we could finish, which you have now answered.  But I have to disagree with that you think our squad is capable of top 4. 

Anyway I want Klepp and I reckon we'd finish top 4 with him. Does that answer the question?

You suggested Pardew is average at best.  I was asking you who do you want and where we could finish, which you have now answered.  But I have to disagree with that you think our squad is capable of top 4.

Dunno about anyone else, but I did not expect this development.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

The FA has to be careful what message it wants to send with the duration and severity of the ban. Football is a sport of emotions and I wouldn't want it to end up as a "dead" and boring sport like curling or F1.