Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That interview  :lol:

"When the emphasis is on us at home, especially without Yohan Cabaye, we've lacked that quality and having no Loic [Remy] and no Cabaye on the pitch takes away some of our flair."

As if he's trying to use this as an excuse after constantly leaving the club's main flair player on the fucking bench  :lol:

"Sorry I'm late for work, my bus was late because I decided to catch the bus that would make me late"

'I'm sorry to tell you your husband is dead. His heart gave out during the surgery. We couldn't find a replacement donor; we'll we could but I told them keep it in the freezer because I thought now I'm back my winning mentality would help him pull through. He's still dead; but at least I got him living to 40 eh?'

Guest Haris Vuckic

Our record since Boxing Day;

0-1

0-1

0-2

3-1 90th minute

Yohan Cabaye Joins PSG. (No Replacement)

0-0

0-3

0-3

0-4

1-0 90th minute

4-1 90th minute

0-1

1-0 90th minute

0-3

The barrel doesn't half get scraped in the name of defending that tosser in charge like.

The best part is, Cabaye didn't play in those losses prior to the West Ham win. :p

Aye it's plain to see we're not missing him like.

Strange how people were so upset when he went. Any decent manager would be getting the same performances out of Dan Gosling.

: “I don’t think he likes tactics where teams set out to defend deep + look to nick something. It’s not his style and certainly not [mine]"

@lee_ryder: Mike Ashley wants an attacking Newcastle United team next term, says Alan Pardew http://t.co/OZGA738d1U #NUF

Unbelievable!  The fact that Ryder has tweeted that with out some form of sarcasm too, cretins the lot of them

:lol:

Unbelievable!  The fact that Ryder has tweeted that with out some form of sarcasm too, cretins the lot of them

Can scarcely believe that this is real :lol:

: “I don’t think he likes tactics where teams set out to defend deep + look to nick something. It’s not his style and certainly not [mine]"

@lee_ryder: Mike Ashley wants an attacking Newcastle United team next term, says Alan Pardew http://t.co/OZGA738d1U #NUF

:lol:

Can scarcely believe that this is real :lol:

Had an absolute mare here like :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10730782/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-admires-Southampton-academy-and-says-middle-class-players-lead-the-way.html

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew believes clubs need to make sure they educate youngsters, as well as coach them, if they are to have any chance of matching Southampton’s success in developing their own players.

Pardew, who believes intelligence is just as important as ability, has first-hand experience of what has made the Southampton academy the envy of English football. He was their manager while they were still in League One, and argued the club benefit from their location, as well as the quality of their coaching.

Having failed to see enough homegrown players develop during his three years as Newcastle manager in a region renowned for its love of football, Pardew acknowledged Southampton have an advantage as they are in an area with a large middle-class population which, he believes, brings certain benefits.

As a result, he is adamant clubs who are not in such an affluent region have a responsibility to make sure players develop as people, not just players. Without education to raise intelligence levels, he argued the most talented players are not going to make the most of their ability because they will not be able to cope with the pressures of the modern game.

“Southampton have a huge catchment area and it’s a different type of catchment area,” said Pardew, whose Newcastle side travel to Southampton sitting just one place above them in the Premier League.

“There is a big working-class community, but there are a lot of middle-class kids who have a good education. The players who come out of Southampton are quite intelligent and there might be something in that. We have to put more intelligence into our players. That’s another side of the academy, it’s very important to not just look after the football side of it, but to also bring the right personalities through.

“We want them to be level-headed. Look at [Gareth] Bale, [Theo] Walcott, [Adam] Lallana, [Luke] Shaw, they’re all comfortable with the media, they’re all together sort of guys. That’s not down to location, that’s down to education.”

Indeed, Pardew even suggested one of Newcastle’s finest footballers, former England international Paul Gascoigne, would have found it too hard in the modern era because of the rise of social media and camera phones, which would have highlighted and exposed his wild behaviour off the pitch.

Instead, he pointed to the success Everton have had with the 20-year-old Ross Barkley, who has been compared to Gascoigne with his performances on the pitch, but who has also earned praise from manager Roberto Martínez for the way he conducts himself.

“Ross Barkley has a stable character as well and that’s so important,” said Pardew. “Particularly in today’s game and the media side of things. More so than ever today, the game has such a huge profile.

“You need to have a stable character or you are going to find yourself in trouble. Football intelligence is different, but Paul Gascoigne would have found it far harder in today’s game to have been Gazza.

“I’m definitely not going down the line Geordies are thick by the way, I’m trying to make a point that I hope you understand.”

Pardew’s comments tally with the view of Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, who, having signed two players from Southampton in Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, appreciates the life skills they are given, as well as their upbringing.

“To be a successful footballer,” explained Wenger. “You must have speed, skill and eye for goal, the ability to pass, vision and above all the intelligence to put all these aspects into practice. A successful team is calm, patient and intelligent. You win with your intelligence and your brains.”

Pardew said the crucial difference between a good academy and an excellent one was the number of “exceptional” players delivered to the first team, rather than the number of players who graduate to earn a professional contract.

This is where Southampton have been so productive, with Pardew suggesting their best yet might well be Adam Lallana, the club’s captain who also played for him as a teenager.

“We haven’t really ticked those boxes since I’ve been here,” he added. “I know we will get players through here, but will we get an exceptional player? That’s the art of the academy. That is what Southampton have done and it’s what Liverpool are doing.

“I do feel we are doing a lot better. Certainly in my mind, I can think of two players [in the youth team] who could be exceptional depending on their development. We have to put that intelligence into them as well.”

Thanks for clearing that up, Alan.

What a load of utter toss.

Someone with Gazza's talents would've been nutured to a far better extent to ensure he became a stable individual just like Rooney/any other fairly rough player was.

Not to bring up this cunt's atrocious attitude to our youth to date, you're in for a write off cup game or out of possiton - you're slagged - you're sidelined

I doubt anything or anyone could condition Gazza into becoming stable, like.

Been a fair swing to players getting in to bother after their career rather than during it compared to years gone by. Not advocating he's a saint or a treatable man by any means but with a huge support system round him it'd certainly have helped his chances to battle his demons especially when at the peak of the career he was fucking brilliant anyway.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10730782/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-admires-Southampton-academy-and-says-middle-class-players-lead-the-way.html

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew believes clubs need to make sure they educate youngsters, as well as coach them, if they are to have any chance of matching Southampton’s success in developing their own players.

Pardew, who believes intelligence is just as important as ability, has first-hand experience of what has made the Southampton academy the envy of English football. He was their manager while they were still in League One, and argued the club benefit from their location, as well as the quality of their coaching.

Having failed to see enough homegrown players develop during his three years as Newcastle manager in a region renowned for its love of football, Pardew acknowledged Southampton have an advantage as they are in an area with a large middle-class population which, he believes, brings certain benefits.

As a result, he is adamant clubs who are not in such an affluent region have a responsibility to make sure players develop as people, not just players. Without education to raise intelligence levels, he argued the most talented players are not going to make the most of their ability because they will not be able to cope with the pressures of the modern game.

“Southampton have a huge catchment area and it’s a different type of catchment area,” said Pardew, whose Newcastle side travel to Southampton sitting just one place above them in the Premier League.

“There is a big working-class community, but there are a lot of middle-class kids who have a good education. The players who come out of Southampton are quite intelligent and there might be something in that. We have to put more intelligence into our players. That’s another side of the academy, it’s very important to not just look after the football side of it, but to also bring the right personalities through.

“We want them to be level-headed. Look at [Gareth] Bale, [Theo] Walcott, [Adam] Lallana, [Luke] Shaw, they’re all comfortable with the media, they’re all together sort of guys. That’s not down to location, that’s down to education.”

Indeed, Pardew even suggested one of Newcastle’s finest footballers, former England international Paul Gascoigne, would have found it too hard in the modern era because of the rise of social media and camera phones, which would have highlighted and exposed his wild behaviour off the pitch.

Instead, he pointed to the success Everton have had with the 20-year-old Ross Barkley, who has been compared to Gascoigne with his performances on the pitch, but who has also earned praise from manager Roberto Martínez for the way he conducts himself.

“Ross Barkley has a stable character as well and that’s so important,” said Pardew. “Particularly in today’s game and the media side of things. More so than ever today, the game has such a huge profile.

“You need to have a stable character or you are going to find yourself in trouble. Football intelligence is different, but Paul Gascoigne would have found it far harder in today’s game to have been Gazza.

“I’m definitely not going down the line Geordies are thick by the way, I’m trying to make a point that I hope you understand.”

Pardew’s comments tally with the view of Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, who, having signed two players from Southampton in Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, appreciates the life skills they are given, as well as their upbringing.

“To be a successful footballer,” explained Wenger. “You must have speed, skill and eye for goal, the ability to pass, vision and above all the intelligence to put all these aspects into practice. A successful team is calm, patient and intelligent. You win with your intelligence and your brains.”

Pardew said the crucial difference between a good academy and an excellent one was the number of “exceptional” players delivered to the first team, rather than the number of players who graduate to earn a professional contract.

This is where Southampton have been so productive, with Pardew suggesting their best yet might well be Adam Lallana, the club’s captain who also played for him as a teenager.

“We haven’t really ticked those boxes since I’ve been here,” he added. “I know we will get players through here, but will we get an exceptional player? That’s the art of the academy. That is what Southampton have done and it’s what Liverpool are doing.

“I do feel we are doing a lot better. Certainly in my mind, I can think of two players [in the youth team] who could be exceptional depending on their development. We have to put that intelligence into them as well.”

Thanks for clearing that up, Alan.

He needs help, he's absolutely nuts.  That's probably his biggest pile of shite he's ever spouted and that takes some doing considering the shite that he has come out with.  Once again this bastard insults the area in which he works.

People need to stop supporting this bastard, I hate him with a passion.

If Ruud Gullitt had said that while he was manager he'd have been chased down with pitchforks. Yet this cunt is repeatedly patronising the north east and he gets away with it. The daft bastards in the stands will probably be singing his name in their Sports Direct bought Newcastle shirts.

If Ruud Gullitt had said that while he was manager he'd have been chased down with pitchforks. Yet this c*** is repeatedly patronising the north east and he gets away with it. The daft b******s in the stands will probably be singing his name in their Sports Direct bought Newcastle shirts.

This totally amazes me (not in a good way) 10 years ago this fucking clown would have been lynched, hung, drawn and fucking quartered, the Toon Army has turned into the fucking Toon Peace Corp.