Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I feel sorry for Moyes. Over the last five years, Ferguson has massively over-achieved with a squad that is nothing like the best in the league. Their play now looks quite old-fashioned and pedestrian compared to the top four, and the players are feeling the pressure that always comes when a big club starts to slip.

I doubt whether they're in a financial position to compete for the very top players. Unless FFP kicks in, this could last a while.

I feel sorry for Moyes. Over the last five years, Ferguson has massively over-achieved with a squad that is nothing like the best in the league. Their play now looks quite old-fashioned and pedestrian compared to the top four, and the players are feeling the pressure that always comes when a big club starts to slip.

I doubt whether they're in a financial position to compete for the very top players. Unless FFP kicks in, this could last a while.

Don't really need the very best. They've rarely bought the finished article. A very good team with 2-3 world class players can challenge for all honours. Look at Arsenal - how many of theirs are world class? The most world class aspect is the manager.

Don't really need the very best. They've rarely bought the finished article. A very good team with 2-3 world class players can challenge for all honours. Look at Arsenal - how many of theirs are world class? The most world class aspect is the manager.

I'd say Wenger, like Ferguson, is a massive over-achiever. So many players have the best days of their career under him, and he's able to bring young players through much more quickly than other managers.

Their problem has been that, to an even greater extent than Man U, they've found it difficult to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea.

When Wenger goes, Arsenal will face the same situation as Man U. The relative weakness of their squad will get exposed, unless they can up their game financially.

I'd say Man U have only got one world class player in Rooney. He's been carrying them for a while, but that's not happening now. As for which players you'd define as 'very good', I'm a bit stuck after Van Persie and Mata. The rest seem to be either learning their trade, past their best or not that great in the first place.

:spit:

What the fuck man.

Giggs, Welbeck and Nani are set to start according to the Times. Interesting to see Giggs starting considering all the rumours flying about him falling out with Moyes.

A bit weird if Nani starts after 3 months out. but he'd still be more dangerous than Januzaj.

Personally think Carrick has got a free ride this season with poor Cleverley being scapegoated at his expense. Carrick was by miles the worst player on the pitch on Sunday, and if it were to me, he wouldn't start tonight.

Actually agree there, Carrick - who I've rated for many years - was downright awful on Sunday. Fellaini and Carrick in centre midfield was an utterly terrible combination to play against Liverpool.

Player having good season + ex-manager struggling at new club = Manager buys player

Beyond that complex equation journos seem obsessed with, no. Not that I should be surprised with the standard of the guff they come out with, I was still amused by:

"the 25-year-old, who has been a revelation for Everton and is destined for a big-money summer move."

Shit, hope Roberto knows about that.

Suppose Moyes gets sacked before the weekend, then. Who do they go for?

Ferguson.

Yep.

Fucker's never actually left. He's just vacated the bench for a brief period of time and watched it unravel. He'd be more than willing to step back in for a year or so until they find a proper new manager rather than this pretendy one.

Eh? So he voluntarily left a job to allow the situation to get worse, then would instantly take the job back in a much harder position later? Does that make any sense?

I don't think he'll come back but to be fair I wouldn't say that makes no sense.  He may have chosen to leave this season because he felt things were going to dip no matter what he did.  But now they've dipped so low under Moyes that he could come back and improve on things in his sleep.  Still doing worse than before, maybe the same reduced performance he was expecting this season had he stayed, but because its so much better than Moyes its not seen as a dip, its now a rise :)

Like I said though I'm not expecting him back, certainly hope he stays away, waited long enough to get rid of the utter prick.

Giggs, Welbeck and Nani are set to start according to the Times. Interesting to see Giggs starting considering all the rumours flying about him falling out with Moyes.

A bit weird if Nani starts after 3 months out. but he'd still be more dangerous than Januzaj.

Personally think Carrick has got a free ride this season with poor Cleverley being scapegoated at his expense. Carrick was by miles the worst player on the pitch on Sunday, and if it were to me, he wouldn't start tonight.

Cleverley hasn't been scapegoat for Carrick. He's been fucking appalling in his own right.

Guest palnese

Any legs in this Coleman to Man Utd rumour?

Wouldn't surprise me. Evra is a liability these days.

Coleman is a RB. Evra a LB.

Has Moyes tried a different formation yet this season?

I mean all the wingers have been garbage pretty much.

Why not do something similar to what Liverpool did over the weekend? Try out Mata behind Rooney and Van Persie for goodness sake. I mean at this point what do you have to lose?

Has Moyes tried a different formation yet this season?

I mean all the wingers have been garbage pretty much.

Why not do something similar to what Liverpool did over the weekend? Try out Mata behind Rooney and Van Persie for goodness sake. I mean at this point what do you have to lose?

They seem to have the personnel for a 4-2-3-1 type thing for sure... maybe not the holding midfielders but they could surely do a job.