Lee Charnley

Dave

I don't buy the argument of 'what fan wouldn't do what he did'. It's one thing taking the job in blind excitement 

but to stick it out and be complicit in the club you supposedly love being systematically destroyed for seven years? Nah. 

Even if he walked away after a year of it, he'd have earned multiples of what he previously would've, and now has 'CEO of an entire fucking football club' to put on his CV, deserved or not. He'd have the time and the CV to now land something above whatever role he had before becoming Ashley's bitch. 

I can't muster the vitriol I have reserved for the likes of Ashley and Bruce, but I've not an ounce of respect or understanding for him or his position if he considers himself a fan. 

6 minutes ago, wormy said:

I don't buy the argument of 'what fan wouldn't do what he did'. It's one thing taking the job in blind excitement 

but to stick it out and be complicit in the club you supposedly love being systematically destroyed for seven years? Nah. 

Even if he walked away after a year of it, he'd have earned multiples of what he previously would've, and now has 'CEO of an entire fucking football club' to put on his CV, deserved or not. He'd have the time and the CV to now land something above whatever role he had before becoming Ashley's bitch. 

I can't muster the vitriol I have reserved for the likes of Ashley and Bruce, but I've not an ounce of respect or understanding for him or his position if he considers himself a fan. 

From what I have heard, Charnley is not and has never been a fan or a football fan, he just managed to work his way up from a junior administration position to the clubs managing director.

18 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Bruce took the manager's job for the very same reasons....a job available to him whose requirements were way beyond his actual abilties... and we rightly berated him for it. So nah, fuck the baldy little cunt.

Bruce was a millionaire already.

Charnley was like any of us wealth wise, but just working in the box office and got lucky, and he's been elevated beyond his dreams. I'd have taken the job too. I think anyone would. He'd never in his wildest dreams achieve anything even one percent as good as this ever again in terms of salary and profile. He'd be frankly mad to turn it down.

The two situations are not remotely comparable. Though tbh I don't even blame Bruce for taking the job, why wouldn't he, he's a football manager. I blame Ashley for the fucking ludicrous sacking clause. I disliked Bruce for his incompetence, not for him taking the job. He should never have been offered it mind.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

From what I have heard, Charnley is not and has never been a fan or a football fan, he just managed to work his way up from a junior administration position to the clubs managing director.

:thup: Explains it a lot more. Still no respect for little weasel. :lol: But he clearly has none for himself so whatever. 

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Bruce was a millionaire already.

Charnley was like any of us wealth wise, but just working in the box office and got lucky, and he's been elevated beyond his dreams. I'd have taken the job too. I think anyone would. He'd never in his wildest dreams achieve anything even one percent as good as this ever again in terms of salary and profile. He'd be frankly mad to turn it down.

The two situations are not remotely comparable. Though tbh I don't even blame Bruce for taking the job, why wouldn't he, he's a football manager. I blame Ashley for the fucking ludicrous sacking clause. I disliked Bruce for his incompetence, not for him taking the job. He should never have been offered it mind.

Both of them took the job in the full knowledge they would be doing Ashley's bidding of talking down the club. I dont give a fuck who else would have taken those jobs in the same circumstances. They both damaged NUFC by their actions and therefore deserve all the contempt in the world for it.

Charnley was handed a once in a lifetime, life-changing lottery win, do people think he should've not taken it? That's delusional if so. 

I'm delighted he's gone, it's excellent news. The blame for his appointment is on Ashley though, not on Charnley.

I agree he took a job he simply had to.

He was also completely shit at that job. He was also a complete cunt to our fan base.

He can be fired to space, if its feasible.

Baldy little bastard.

Played a key role in stripping NUFC to the bare bones and turning it into a soulless zombie club that was determined to underachieve and deliberately antagonise its fans.

He also piped Ashley dry and rimmed his stinking festering putrid hoop. 

So there can be no excuses made for him. The bloke is a cunt. 

2 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Charnley was handed a once in a lifetime, life-changing lottery win, do people think he should've not taken it? That's delusional if so. 

I'm delighted he's gone, it's excellent news. The blame for his appointment is on Ashley though, not on Charnley.

I mean I would 100% have done the same thing as charnley for 7 year but I'd completey agree with anyone calling me a cunt like [emoji38]

Like I would happily liquidate the entire club to lick Emily Ratajkowski's arsehole. 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

7 hours ago, LV said:

Could you have done it though? Seen what Ashley was doing to the club and be able to look at yourself towing the company line and being complicit in it all.

I don’t think I could. 

I couldn't because I cannot keep my mouth shut. Even for that salary. Whoch os fine by me but not by my wallet :lol: :thup:

Soz if said already, but it says a lot about LC that his last communication with the fans was promising to communicate more, which happened over a year ago.

I thank him for his time at the club before taking a place on the board, where he came a yes man and Ashley’s lap dog. 

Nah he can fuck of and hopefully suffers in whatever job he next takes, ending with the sack I hope. Hopeless cunt that he is/was. Good riddance! Next the SD signs… soon!

• 8 months later...