Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Happy that he's got this goal, he wasn't playing well lately but he didn't great when he came on today and took his goal well.

Agreed, I thought he looked good even before the goal. I don't know if it was because there was more space late in the game, but he was really hurting them as soon as he came on. Added some cutting edge to our huffing and puffing.

Perez is a good player with no confidence, especially when playing at home where he was unlucky against QPR and unlucky against Bristol.  He goes down far too easily at times and people get on his back for it and he loses even more confidence.  He's not a shit footballer but he's had more than his fair share of shit games both this season and last.

Perez is a good player with no confidence, especially when playing at home where he was unlucky against QPR and unlucky against Bristol.  He goes down far too easily at times and people get on his back for it and he loses even more confidence.  He's not a shit footballer but he's had more than his fair share of shit games both this season and last.

Fair assessment, I don't really understand why he has these terrible games but I'm sure mentality is the key to it. No doubt it can be worked on but he's running out of time to make quite a bit step up in quality.

Fair assessment, I don't really understand why he has these terrible games but I'm sure mentality is the key to it. No doubt it can be worked on but he's running out of time to make quite a bit step up in quality.

I think he's got plenty of time, my only concern is that I would have liked to have seen him using this season to take a step up against what should be lesser opposition.  I think he'll be more effective in the Premiership because he's likely to get more protection from the match officials.

Guest neesy111

He needs to put the graft in, plenty of times I've watched him last 2 years and I've saw not enough effort from him in games.  That's nothing to do with confidence.

He needs to put the graft in, plenty of times I've watched him last 2 years and I've saw not enough effort from him in games.  That's nothing to do with confidence.

I'm not sure how you can claim that, confidence is probably as important as skill for a footballer.  A lack of confidence can easily stop you from working as hard as you might do if you are confident.

Has he scored in the last 3 away games we've won from a losing position?

Brighton and Spurs twice?

Aye, scored the winner in all 3.

That's a great stat :lol: Be a good nufc themed quiz question.

Returned to his sex-machine self. Unlike Mitro, he seems to know what to do with a cross coming into the box. And having watched his goal again, it wasn't a simple blast at the goal like Atsu did in the first half, he actually had to place it in the corner quickly to avoid both the defender and the keeper. A striker's goal.

He's never really a striker but often times his best performance have come from him leading the line or his sub cameos behind a big striker...In the other threads I've said I'd rather have Murphy lead on Saturday, but I'd not have an issue with Ayoze there with Diame behind him either if Gayle can't play.

He's never really a striker but often times his best performance have come from him leading the line or his sub cameos behind a big striker...In the other threads I've said I'd rather have Murphy lead on Saturday, but I'd not have an issue with Ayoze there with Diame behind him either if Gayle can't play.

All three of them should start like

:thup: i don't disagree if Gayle is fit. Diame has looked much much better in the CM role recently than he has before - where honestly, we've looked over-run with him not being in much of a position to help out Shelvey defensively. Really do miss Hayden as we seem to hold ball much better. Ayoze HAS to be going into Huddersfield raring to perform again, hopefully the lift he needs.