Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guest firetotheworks

Such a weird player these days, like. I can't remember the last time I was really impressed by him in a match, but he still finds ways to get involved and create chances. If he could improve his ball retention and pull off more of his attempts he'd be a much more important player for us.

He is the one who tries the hardest play/trick on the pitch, in the position where opponent is most crowded.  He may fail lots of one during a game but whenever he succeeded it must be a good scoring chance for us.  A bit unfair to blame him for trying imo.

From match of the day highlights (listened to game on radio) looked to have a good game pressing high. So did ritchie, and I thought both of them had been poor till now, hopefully thats ritchie back on form and hope Perez can build on this even if he was only partially improved.

Has his good and bad moments. Often doesn't look in completely in control of the ball when moving forward, but for every four occasions when he runs into a blind alley, there's the fifth occasion when he opens things up.

Difficult player to assess, as others have said, but maybe the chance to show his stuff in the Premiership might revive him.

He does some good things in games but not a consistent enough threat

I think that's about it in a nutshell. He's just missing that 10% that would make him really special, but without it he's not good enough over a season.

• 2 weeks later...

He was poor today, probably the only one you could say who was poor. He really doesn't do well when he knows he has no competition.

He was fine. He has as much competition as he did in his previous game where he was also fine.

He was poor today, probably the only one you could say who was poor. He really doesn't do well when he knows he has no competition.

Agree he was fairly poor, but he still worked hard to press them into a few mistakes, had a couple of nice touches and could have scored.

The kind of performance that I'd moan about had we lost. As it is, not too arsed.

He's about 0.25 seconds from being top class. Always seems to get dispossessed, tackled, shot blocked just a shade before he's about to do something good. :lol:

Was going to post something similar. He always wants that little bit extra time ont he ball and ends up getting dispossessed. It's really annoying like.

Think he is keeping his place due to his work rate atm, his closing down has been great so far this season and stops teams being settled when trying to play out a lot of the time. Just needs to sharpen up a tiny bit to be more effective going the other way.

Think he is keeping his place due to his work rate atm, his closing down has been great so far this season and stops teams being settled when trying to play out a lot of the time. Just needs to sharpen up a tiny bit to be more effective going the other way.

:thup: Clucas did pretty much nowt at the base of their diamond.

Aye the only reason i've not criticised him. Broke lots of play and put us in decent positions. Should've scored his one chance.

Starting to show himself as an important player even when he's not great, because he can be an option for the passing triangles we're developing at the top of the pitch. There were a few times when he was the option that unlocked the short, sharp passing on the right side.

Holds onto the ball for too long, looks poor in the final third and generally seems to make the wrong decisions on a regular basis.

Tidy enough player and his class shines through, at times. But he just seems like a nothing player, with no position. Still arguably our best option in the 10. Which is a bit of a worry.