Crystal Palace manager

Mick

From the Guardian  :thup:

4) Newsflash: Newcastle’s fans deserve a break

Unless the penny finally drops, and Steve Bruce realises he is not employed to get results for Manchester United any more, Hull City will be going down. Newcastle could still find themselves relegated instead, of course, and almost certainly deserve it after a dismal run of form which bears repeating: nine losses in their past 10 games, 18 in their past 24. But they’ll probably get away with it, just, no thanks to John ‘Walk out the Door’ Carver and his risible channelling of David Brent and Gloria Gaynor. The Toon might even register only their third win of the calendar year against West Ham, who have been abject themselves since suffering a dreadful thrashing in the FA Cup at West Brom in February. But whatever Newcastle’s fate, let’s hope the post-season debrief spares their fans any more of the I-told-you-so revisionism regarding the Alan Pardew era. Partly because Pardew’s Newcastle were past masters at embarking on dismal runs themselves. But mainly because it wasn’t just about results, or the quality of the football. Toon fans, contrary to the tired old stereotype, don’t ask for much as paying customers, but they would like a manager they respect, and can relate to. For various reasons, Pardew was never that manager, and subsequent events at Newcastle and Crystal Palace are in this context neither here nor there. Newcastle’s fans have suffered enough this season; they don’t need it ended with a sanctimonious lecture.

http://i.imgur.com/BUlA43I.gif

Unless the penny finally drops, and Steve Bruce realises he is not employed to get results for Manchester United any more, Hull City will be going down. Newcastle could still find themselves relegated instead, of course, and almost certainly deserve it after a dismal run of form which bears repeating: nine losses in their past 10 games, 18 in their past 24. But they’ll probably get away with it, just, no thanks to John ‘Walk out the Door’ Carver and his risible channelling of David Brent and Gloria Gaynor. The Toon might even register only their third win of the calendar year against West Ham, who have been abject themselves since suffering a dreadful thrashing in the FA Cup at West Brom in February. But whatever Newcastle’s fate, let’s hope the post-season debrief spares their fans any more of the I-told-you-so revisionism regarding the Alan Pardew era. Partly because Pardew’s Newcastle were past masters at embarking on dismal runs themselves. But mainly because it wasn’t just about results, or the quality of the football. Toon fans, contrary to the tired old stereotype, don’t ask for much as paying customers, but they would like a manager they respect, and can relate to. For various reasons, Pardew was never that manager, and subsequent events at Newcastle and Crystal Palace are in this context neither here nor there. Newcastle’s fans have suffered enough this season; they don’t need it ended with a sanctimonious lecture.

Who wrote that? He's got it absolutely spot on like, fair play to him.

And then you read the comments:

Admir 5h ago

4) It's so poor and biased that I don't know where to start. I can only understand this if a writer of this one was at knife-point by some of Newcastle Cockney-hating "fans" or if he has spent the last four years on Mars.

Pardew - aside from his heroics at Crystal Palace described at 6) - has managed to collect enough points in the first half of the season so that his heir doesn't get relegated even if the job is given to the most incompetent manager that has ever worked in Premier League. Unfortunately, John Carver is beyond the most incompetent manager ever on the crap-list so Newcastle actually have to beat West Ham to avoid any relegation fears. Yes, it's true that Pardew's Newcastle had imploded in the second half of the season in two previous seasons (they had lost fourteen out of their last 20 league matches last season) but they were still good enough either to end in the top half of the league or at least to win their penultimate league match at Loftus Road to secure the place in Premier League.

Comparing Pardew who - as it stands - has collected enough points to keep TWO teams in the same league and Carver who has managed to bring Newcastle - one of only four teams in whole Europe to beat Chelsea this season - down to one inch above the relegation zone is far-fetched and crazy.

Which leads me to the conclusion: Newcastle "fans" - who did whatever they could to make Pardew leave - might get exactly what they deserve next season: 46 league matches instead of just 38.

:lol:

Admir 5h ago

4) It's so poor and biased that I don't know where to start. I can only understand this if a writer of this one was at knife-point by some of Newcastle Cockney-hating "fans" or if he has spent the last four years on Mars.

Pardew - aside from his heroics at Crystal Palace described at 6) - has managed to collect enough points in the first half of the season so that his heir doesn't get relegated even if the job is given to the most incompetent manager that has ever worked in Premier League. Unfortunately, John Carver is beyond the most incompetent manager ever on the crap-list so Newcastle actually have to beat West Ham to avoid any relegation fears. Yes, it's true that Pardew's Newcastle had imploded in the second half of the season in two previous seasons (they had lost fourteen out of their last 20 league matches last season) but they were still good enough either to end in the top half of the league or at least to win their penultimate league match at Loftus Road to secure the place in Premier League.

Comparing Pardew who - as it stands - has collected enough points to keep TWO teams in the same league and Carver who has managed to bring Newcastle - one of only four teams in whole Europe to beat Chelsea this season - down to one inch above the relegation zone is far-fetched and crazy.

Which leads me to the conclusion: Newcastle "fans" - who did whatever they could to make Pardew leave - might get exactly what they deserve next season: 46 league matches instead of just 38.

Part of my wants to fume but another part of me is just baffled by the lack of logic on display by cunts like these.

So we deserve to go down for being afraid Pardew was flirting us too close to relegation and was the anal-piece of a horrid regime, so we asked for him to be replaced with someone better, and when the toxic regime did not replace him and sold our defenders and gave the job to another clueless wanker, it's all our fault? And we should somehow be happy that Pardew got us the win at QPR last time around when he almost sent us down? :lol:

Didn't read quote, just gazed at Scarlet for like 10 runs of that gif :lol:

the initials were "SM", just cant work out who that is!

Admir 5h ago

Relative to the number of people in the world who deserve one, there's a dearth of good ol' fashioned curb stompings these days.

Didn't read quote, just gazed at Scarlet for like 10 runs of that gif :lol:

:lol: It's a good quote, tbf.

Did anyone watch the Sunday Supplement today where Neil Custis declared that the fans were to blame for our relegation struggle because we wanted Pardew out? He even name-checked the Sackpardew.com website the stupid mackem cunt.

Did anyone watch the Sunday Supplement today where Neil Custis declared that the fans were to blame for our relegation struggle because we wanted Pardew out? He even name-checked the Sackpardew.com website the stupid mackem c***.

Yep. There's even a framed photo of Pards on the wall behind them too.

the initials were "SM", just cant work out who that is!

Stiffys mum