NUFC finances

Paully

JJ7 :thup: cheers to you mate, for trying and arguing, and having the backbone to call them out to their faces man.

Minus that 5th season, and the random moments of goal brilliance, I hate this Ashley version of Newcastle United.

To be fair, I think the majority of the forum are the same. I'm not the only one voicing the concerns, it's just that it doesn't come across well in the minutes. The first meeting I went to I didn't say too much, as I was pretty nervous, but felt more confident at this one and felt like it was easy to put across my questions and opinions. To be fair to the board, they answer them and they don't make you feel uncomfortable. If anything, they encourage the debate. I just don't agree with most of their answers and the minutes are obviously watered down which I don't agree with.

JJ7 :thup: cheers to you mate, for trying and arguing, and having the backbone to call them out to their faces man.

Minus that 5th season, and the random moments of goal brilliance, I hate this Ashley version of Newcastle United.

To be fair, I think the majority of the forum are the same. I'm not the only one voicing the concerns, it's just that it doesn't come across well in the minutes. The first meeting I went to I didn't say too much, as I was pretty nervous, but felt more confident at this one and felt like it was easy to put across my questions and opinions. To be fair to the board, they answer them and they don't make you feel uncomfortable. If anything, they encourage the debate. I just don't agree with most of their answers and the minutes are obviously watered down which I don't agree with.

I assume no-one is allowed to record the meeting (audio or video)?

I assume no-one is allowed to record the meeting (audio or video)?

Doubt it. They did mention that a local journalist could be present at the next one to observe, but I don't really see much point in that. Having it recorded would be far better than having a tube like Lee Ryder there.

Fair play, JJ7. Obviously they're not going to reveal in the minutes just how heated things could be. That's not in their interests. It just reads as though there were simple answers to simple questions, and everyone accepted them.

The draft minutes yesterday were worse, so I forwarded my concerns, but that was only to do with my questions. The whole point of my second question was about January window and if we are prepared to let people go in that month but have no intention of signing anyone, can we not do better work in the summer to make sure we aren't where we are now without barely a defender to call on. The question in yesterdays minutes didn't even mention January.

They had also left out the loan signing thing. I asked if they would be prepared to use the loan market to sign players in positions we were short, like we did in the Championship when we got in Fitz Hall and him with the long name from Blackburn. This was so that we could make moves for the present, as opposed to always thinking about players for the future. They said no. If they're going to do a loan deal it will always be with the right to buy and a player they were looking at long term. I totally disagree with that, and I told them, but that was their answer. Short of going over and smashing Charnley's glasses off, theres not much more I can do. The whole conversation isn't really reflected in the minutes and I have seen Taylor&Besty on twitter say similar about one of his questions.

On the question about whether we are better now than 2010, I told them that I disagreed that we were as their statement said when Pardew left. Charnley listed a load of players like Smith, Simpson, Perch, Campbell and Best who he said we have better than now. He said we have a stronger, young, and more valuable squad now. I told him I disagreed and pointed to Carroll, Barton and Enrique especially and I said our first 11 is no better. I said Williamson was a Championship player, to which Bobby Moncur jumped in and said "Aye, in your opinion". I said aye, thats my opinion and mentioned that we have the same set of centre backs now that we had in the Championship. At that point we sort of agreed to disagree.

The questions throughout took a similar route with disagreement and debate, especially about ambition and cup runs.

Another thing Charnley did say was that Pardew didn't help himself with some of the things he said, for example when he said he 'risked' Aarons at one game. He thought Carver had done a better job of speaking to the media. Not sure I agree with that, but then I think both Pardew and Carver are fuckin useless.

Bob Moncur is an absolute disgrace.

Guest ElCid

Fair play, JJ7. Obviously they're not going to reveal in the minutes just how heated things could be. That's not in their interests. It just reads as though there were simple answers to simple questions, and everyone accepted them.

The draft minutes yesterday were worse, so I forwarded my concerns, but that was only to do with my questions. The whole point of my second question was about January window and if we are prepared to let people go in that month but have no intention of signing anyone, can we not do better work in the summer to make sure we aren't where we are now without barely a defender to call on. The question in yesterdays minutes didn't even mention January.

They had also left out the loan signing thing. I asked if they would be prepared to use the loan market to sign players in positions we were short, like we did in the Championship when we got in Fitz Hall and him with the long name from Blackburn. This was so that we could make moves for the present, as opposed to always thinking about players for the future. They said no. If they're going to do a loan deal it will always be with the right to buy and a player they were looking at long term. I totally disagree with that, and I told them, but that was their answer. Short of going over and smashing Charnley's glasses off, theres not much more I can do. The whole conversation isn't really reflected in the minutes and I have seen Taylor&Besty on twitter say similar about one of his questions.

On the question about whether we are better now than 2010, I told them that I disagreed that we were as their statement said when Pardew left. Charnley listed a load of players like Smith, Simpson, Perch, Campbell and Best who he said we have better than now. He said we have a stronger, young, and more valuable squad now. I told him I disagreed and pointed to Carroll, Barton and Enrique especially and I said our first 11 is no better. I said Williamson was a Championship player, to which Bobby Moncur jumped in and said "Aye, in your opinion". I said aye, thats my opinion and mentioned that we have the same set of centre backs now that we had in the Championship. At that point we sort of agreed to disagree.

The questions throughout took a similar route with disagreement and debate, especially about ambition and cup runs.

Another thing Charnley did say was that Pardew didn't help himself with some of the things he said, for example when he said he 'risked' Aarons at one game. He thought Carver had done a better job of speaking to the media. Not sure I agree with that, but then I think both Pardew and Carver are fuckin useless.

Tell you what Moncur is an arsehole now that he has a role at the club - like Carver, both before they were involved directly with the club used to slag off what was happening quite openly and look at them both now - two faced cunts

What did they say about MYM?

"In relation to Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa , the board reiterated its view from the previous Forum meeting: the deal was in the best interests of both parties and the player has proven to be better suited to Serie A."

Tell you what Moncur is an arsehole now that he has a role at the club - like Carver, both before they were involved directly with the club used to slag off what was happening quite openly and look at them both now - two faced cunts

Forgot about Beardsley too

"In relation to Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa , the board reiterated its view from the previous Forum meeting: the deal was in the best interests of both parties and the player has proven to be better suited to Serie A."

Just like pardew thought mascherano and Tevez were not good enough  :iamatwat:

"In relation to Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa , the board reiterated its view from the previous Forum meeting: the deal was in the best interests of both parties and the player has proven to be better suited to good coaching."

Fixed.

Pointless club, can no one ask them where tgey see tge club in 5 years time or as a season ticket holder what is the incentive to renew when the last couple of seasons the team has nose dived after the new year.

Pointless club, can no one ask them where tgey see tge club in 5 years time or as a season ticket holder what is the incentive to renew when the last couple of seasons the team has nose dived after the new year.

Are you using the enigma machine to encrypt your posts?

The worm is Turing.

"In relation to Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa , the board reiterated its view from the previous Forum meeting: the deal was in the best interests of both parties and the player has proven to be better suited to good coaching."

Fixed.

The worm is Turing.

:lol:

You were around in ww2 so you tell me.