NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If I was tying myself knots like some see to be I would just walk away. I’ve got no problem with folk who practice what they preach and walk away because of their morals. 

No you wouldn't. You and all of us hated Ashley and wouldn't have dreamed of walking away. 

and no one's preaching, no one who has a moral problem with who were owned by shouldn't ever be obligated to walk away. It's the 'if you don't like this country you should leave' argument for when people point out that the country's in the shit. It's their club just as much as it is yours and it's not on you to dictate what people can and can't have a problem with. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No you wouldn't. You and all of us hated Ashley and wouldn't have dreamed of walking away. 

and no one's preaching, no one who has a moral problem with who were owned by shouldn't ever be obligated to walk away. It's the 'if you don't like this country you should leave' argument for when people point out that the country's in the shit. It's their club just as much as it yours and it's not on you to dictate what people can and can't have a problem with. 

I walked away under Ashley and never set foot in the place after Keegan walked.

If you don’t like the Saudis you’ve got the same option, however you want to dress it up.

The difference is as you well know, where about to be successful and it’s exciting so you don’t want to. If paupers from Iran had taken over I think some of these folk struggling with their morals might well have found it easier to walk.

Edited by Whitley mag

39 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Worst part of this is the knackers on Twitter falling over themselves to point out so-called hypocrisy. Worst one is someone calling out a lack of fume at a Chelsea kit in Russian colours... which are also Chelsea's colours. :fool:

For me, the worst thing is the hypocrisy. After that, probably the beheadings.

8 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Has it been leaked elsewhere btw? It's mad that someone from Turkey who - as of yesterday - had less than 600 Twitter followers, is getting such news.

Factory in Turkey?

Just now, Whitley mag said:

I walked away under Ashley and never set foot in the place after Keegan walked.

If you don’t like the Saudis you’ve got the same option however you want to dress it up.

The difference is as you well know, where about to be successful and it’s exciting so you don’t want to. If paupers from Iran had taken over I think some of these folk struggling with their morals might well have found it easier to walk.

So by walked you mean that you stopped supporting Newcastle? Because that's a totally different thing than not setting foot in SJP. 

41 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Worst part of this is the knackers on Twitter falling over themselves to point out so-called hypocrisy. Worst one is someone calling out a lack of fume at a Chelsea kit in Russian colours... which are also Chelsea's colours. :fool:

Im guessing they didn’t mean the one they actually did have. That was when Roman was a top lad and just funding Israeli settlement expansion against international law and not funding wars which is bad.

https://metro.co.uk/2011/08/11/chelseas-white-and-yellow-third-kit-looks-like-russian-imperial-flag-111066/amp/

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

So by walked you mean that you stopped supporting Newcastle? Because that's a totally different thing than not setting foot in SJP. 

Granted I was still emotionally attached and read about us. 

32 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Caulkin gets on my tits these days bore off.

Nowt to do with this story but he gets on my nerves In general. Always found the twitter love in with him embarrassing.  Heating him speak is even worse with his posh accent

Granted I was still emotionally attached and read about us. 

:thup:  it's just as unlikely that anyone would be able to break that emotional attachment in this situation, regardless of what they feel about the ownership.  

Don’t actually have much problem with  the kit tbh. People are saying it’s sportswahing but I just think it’s a marketing plea to our new Saudi fans. 

there is plenty to criticise our new ownership but for me this isn’t it.

3 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The fun bit's going to be when the media express further shock and outrage that it's a Saudi company on the front of all kits, as if anyone with half a brain can't see it coming from a mile off.

fuck it.   Can we replace the road in front of shearers with a load of sand.   Camel rides, the works. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

:thup:  it's just as unlikely that anyone would be able to break that emotional attachment in this situation, regardless of what they feel about the ownership.  

Emotional attachment is hard to break, but still physically putting money in the coffers and attending games becomes hypocritical at that point in my opinion.

How many of us accused match going folk of enabling the Ashley regime, granted paying 40 quid isn’t keeping MBS in power, but I couldn’t bring myself if I genuinely felt that strongly.

Emotional attachment is hard to break, but still physically putting money in the coffers and attending games becomes hypocritical at that point in my opinion.

How many of us accused match going folk of enabling the Ashley regime, granted paying 40 quid isn’t keeping MBS in power, but I couldn’t bring myself if I genuinely felt that strongly.

That would your line to draw in the sand and it was many (including mine) with Ashley too, but it didn't stop so many who despised Ashley still turning up every single weekend because their line was different to ours. I've no doubt that there'll be those who are uncomfortable with our new owners who'll still go to matches for the same reason. 

Well, whatever the reasons, I like all three new kits, though perhaps not sure about the sleeves on the blue away kit. The Saudi third kit probably won't be worn much, I'd think it's just a marketing ploy to get Saudi nationals to support the team and sell more over there. We've had green and white before, though slightly different shade (third kit 99/00), even if it is a tad obvious why we've gone that route (perhaps a little too early in the new owner's tenure).

49 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Has it been leaked elsewhere btw? It's mad that someone from Turkey who - as of yesterday - had less than 600 Twitter followers, is getting such news.

Given that he also shared images of Wolves, Rangers and Aston Villa's shirts, I'd assume Castore must use a factory in Turkey for the kit production which he has some access to whether first hand or via someone else. Certainly seem like credible images.

I see that the breakaway Saudi golf tournament is getting quite a bit of the same sort of heat that our takeover got.

Even though it's not funny, I had to laugh when Greg Norman was asked about the murder of Khashoggi and he replied "Look, we've all made mistakes...".

Reading that, Eddie Howe's no comment policy is for the best, despite the evident frustration of the journalists who are desperate for it to be the only conversation.

Such a kit change would bring another round of such questions. But hey, it's not like they ever really went away, so bring it on, ignore the noise and just get on with running the club as best they can.

53 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Don’t actually have much problem with  the kit tbh. People are saying it’s sportswahing but I just think it’s a marketing plea to our new Saudi fans. 

there is plenty to criticise our new ownership but for me this isn’t it.

The sportswashing claims were always going to occur, but as you’ve mentioned it’s to have economic impacts and really that’s what supposed sportswashing attempts are about. I’m pretty sure they aren’t to ‘please’ us worthy westerners while finding some mysterious way to disguise their human rights abuses - they ultimately need to diversify their economy while competing with the other economies in their region. Won’t stop the morally superior journalists from complaining though. 

For the record I do feel uncomfortable about the blatantly obvious KSA links, but we’re 80% owned by them so can’t really be in denial over the links. 

Personally have a lot of thoughts on this debate and reasons why I’m uncomfortable with that kit. Those that say ‘we are going to be sponsored by Saudi companies et al, you are comfortable with that why not this’. Because I didn’t really expect this. Probably naïve of me, but Manchester City have never had an away kit comparable to the kit of the UAE national side or the colours of the UAE flag or Abu Dhabi flag. I wasn’t aware PSG ever had anything similar to Qatari colours until yesterday. Chelsea’s colours have always been blue, white and red. 

Saudi Arabia has a putrid regime which still has capital punishment by beheading, executes LGBTQ+ people, doesn’t treat women right and is doing horrid things to the people of Yemen. I know why they bought us, to paint their country in a positive light, I’m aware of that and know what KSA do and always will be. But I cannot walk away from my club. Always has been my club, always will be. Will continue to support it as I always have done and that won’t change because the owners have changed. 
 I don’t want my club wearing a kit that is identical to the kit of their national team. And imo there’s no way to justify it. “look at the 99-00 kit!!”, “we’ve worn green in the past!!”, “look at this club’s kit!!”. Pointless whataboutery deflecting from the point.

We’ve been taken over by Saudi Arabia and we could be looking exactly like their national side in some away games next season. I’m just inherently uncomfortable about it.

Hopefully the design is pulled and this can all be put behind us.

On saying that i as someone who is unhappy with the owners should walk away from club i will say i may if things get really bothersome like full on mbs worship on the pitch before games or something but i am only really going from my gut feeling of if i still love this club. I didn't have a choice in who owns is, i still love almost everything about it. I will not accept this as ideal though it defend the owners. Football as a whole is disgracefully corrupt and i be hope one day the club is actually owned by the fans as are all clubs.