Charlie Austin

HawK

I think £12m for one of the most consistent right-backs over the last couple of seasons is a reasonable price tbh.

Two key points - consistent and over a couple of seasons.

As strikers will always have a premium over full backs, if Austin had another season or 2 in the premier league then yes £15m would be about right, as it is £10-£12m is par for the course.

Having said that, with the money coming in from both the current and new TV deals, an extra £3m here is nothing

I think West Ham might prefer Remy if they can get him so Austin would be a back up.  Villa might be a consideration if they sell Benteke.  At Chelsea, he would rarely play so I guess it would then be a case of whether location/money is more important.

I think we are are the fall back if any of those moves fail to happen and we certainly see more desperate than anyone else.

It is quite strange though how all the southern media seem to think he should move to us as we are the best suited.

Clyne going to Liverpool for 12m with a year on his contract would suggest Austin for £15m is the going rate.

Clyne is definitely one of the most promising full backs in the country with a the skills to become an outstanding right back. Austin might just be a one hit wonder goal poacher who can't translate his skills to the highest level. There is a difference.

Yeah, I'd say Clyne was England's best right back now. The bigger clubs missed a trick in not coming in for him earlier.

Tell that to Roy Hodgson.

There's no doubt that Clyne will be the number 1 choice for right backs if he signs for Liverpool.