England

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Flip said:

A slightly bad performance and he gets called shit :lol: 

Reece James is a fantastic player. The fact he’s more solid defensively than TAA makes me think he’ll surpass him one day.

Think he’s already ahead TBH. 

With England discussions it's always either coming home or everything else is terrible :lol:

Not necessarily on here like, just basically everywhere I've discussed football it's seemingly impossible for any balanced discussion when it comes to England

1 minute ago, Chicane said:

With England discussions it's always either coming home or everything else is terrible :lol:

Not necessarily on here like, just basically everywhere I've discussed football it's seemingly impossible for any balanced discussion when it comes to England

The problem is Southgate heads in the sand.

1 hour ago, Flip said:

nations league isn’t competitive. No one cares about winning it.

Of course they don't. But it isn't a friendly and therefore by definition it is a competitive fixture; the fact people approach it like a friendly is exactly my point.

He gets the same thing after every dodgy result. He is who he is, he’s limited but he’s done an amazing job.

Whether you think there’s someone else better out there who would take it, that’s another matter. Maybe there is, but international management isn’t all that attractive compared to a big club. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He gets the same thing after every dodgy result. He is who he is, he’s limited but he’s done an amazing job.

Whether you think there’s someone else better out there who would take it, that’s another matter. Maybe there is, but international management isn’t all that attractive compared to a big club. 

Wasting another brilliant generation of England players and we just shrug our shoulders and say he is who he is? He wasn't qualified nor good enough for the job in the first place. Think we could definitely attract some one better.

32 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Got a ticket to the semi and the final in Qatar if England get there. Something tells me they won’t be needed :lol: 

I have for Brazil if they reach the final. In other words a beer on me the day before if both makes it :thup:

14 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Wasting another brilliant generation of England players and we just shrug our shoulders and say he is who he is? He wasn't qualified nor good enough for the job in the first place. Think we could definitely attract some one better.

Yet he's taken us to a World Cup semi-final and a European Cup final, which we lost on penalties. 

Just now, Comegetasample said:

Who would replace him?

That "Golden generation" thing is a crock of shite as far as i'm concerned and has set us up with the worst mind set when it comes to our generations of players. 

I don't think there was a manager around at the time who could of got anything out of them regardless. I spent hours in front of the TV as a bairn hoping and dreaming, watching wankers like Rio, Terry, Lampard and the rest do jack shit in an England shirt and then turn up on the weekend to mass adulation in the domestic league.

I honestly hate almost every single England player that played for the team between 04-16, fairly talented bunch, heavily overrated and entirely flawed as individual characters and human beings.

This generation of players are streaks ahead in terms of talent, desire, fitness and professionalism.

Top 5 rankings, consistently competing and making it to the latter stages of tournaments and wining things like the nations league is exactly where this national team should be. Hey if they win something then that's a bonus.  

Rodgers, Howe, Potter? Be ambitious offer to Poch, Jose ? Any Premier League manager over Southgate tbh. I didnt say golden generation I said a great generation which it is with a lot of attacking flair and creativity being wasted by a dour negative manager. 1-0 up in a euro final in 5 minutes and didn't register another shot on target in 90 minutes.

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Alan Pardew got us to 5th. He cost us the Euros final with his ridiculous negativity.

The point being that Southgate has performed well in two consecutive tournaments.

I agree he can be negative and he was tactically outclassed by Mancini, but that doesn't take away from the job he's done.

I think the England squad is mostly pure shite. I'm not sure if Southgate is performing miracles with overrated flops, or it's his fault for refusing to nurture talent beyond his favourites.

Ultimately, my attitude to the national team currently is apathy. Probably because of the boring shite on display. That is definitely Southgate's fault.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The England job was more than on-pitch stuff, it was a complete rebuild of a toxic brand and horrific culture. We didn’t just go for the best tactical manager we could find, the job was a different kind of task. 

Not sure I buy that. I'd take Gazza doing a dentist chair celebration on the pitch over this boring shite any day.

Just now, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Not sure I buy that. I'd take Gazza doing a dentist chair celebration on the pitch over this boring shite any day.

Really though? [emoji38]

Ok Southgates England are a bit bland, and even I agree that for whatever reason he is shackling some pretty good talent in that squad. But we've been to a semi and a final in the last major competitions, that's mint imo.

Don't care how we win something, just win something.