Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

i wonder if he's in the no10 slot cos he's not fit enough to work in teh engine room deeper for the full 90 yet. Ideally i guess de jong will end up there and wijnaldum will drop into colbackcs slot

Not saying it's necessary his best position but Gini's pretty well suited to the no. 10 role imo - eye for goal, good eye for a pass, links the play well. Can definitely understand why McClaren's been playing him there but would like to see him moved deeper long term.

i wonder if he's in the no10 slot cos he's not fit enough to work in teh engine room deeper for the full 90 yet. Ideally i guess de jong will end up there and wijnaldum will drop into colbackcs slot

Probably because if you are going to play 4231 and that's the only way to force him into the side, today proved IMO that we are much better with Anita sitting and two CMs in front of him trying to break forward like we did after the first 20 mins.

Sissoko for Colback and Thauvin for Obertan IMO.

I agree but don't rule out Perez for the slot you've put De Jong in.

I agree but don't rule out Perez for the slot you've put De Jong in.

Fair point almost like there's good competition for our attacking places, not used to this  :lol:

He plays with positivity. Him and Perez are the two players we have who are like that. Skill helps a lot obviously, but they play with a spring in their setup, are fearless and just want to make things happen.

He has a bit of a point. He was quiet last week due to us not having the ball, this week he had a very quiet second half for the same reason. However in both games he showed quality on the rare occasions he had the ball and put in a shift defensively.

Anonymous today, really?

Yes for a so called box to box midfielder. His name was hardly mentioned by the commentators. Couple of moments like the run for our breakaway at the end and a couple of times he retained possession in the first half but nothing else.

Anonymous today, really?

Yes for a so called box to box midfielder. His name was hardly mentioned by the commentators. Couple of moments like the run for our breakaway at the end and a couple of times he retained possession in the first half but nothing else.

He wasn't playing as a box to box midfielder though

Anonymous today, really?

He wasn't playing as a box to box midfielder though

You obviously haven't read my post just prior to that one :lol:

I thought he's been anonymous by and large for two games now. Don't think this number 10 role is doing him any favours.