Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Long term if we're going with a 4-4-2 I think how best role would be as a CM who has license to get forward.

Would move us to sign a quality ball winner to play in there with him. A good version of Tiote, basically.

Long term if we're going with a 4-4-2 I think how best role would be as a CM who has license to get forward.

Would move us to sign a quality ball winner to play in there with him. A good version of Tiote, basically.

Hasn't seemed at home at centre mid at all so far, think there isn't enough space in the middle for him to show his best attributes

He's only been in the league for seven games, think he'll get more comfortable in that spot. Don't think he's looked great as a #10 either and if we're gonna have Perez and Mitro up top I'd prefer us to go with a leftie on the left and a right footed player on the right, give Mitro some service.

Key would be getting a suitable partner in CM, someone who can do the majority of the ball winning and protect the back four. Neither Anita nor Colback are that player. Tiote is the only one who fits the bill, sadly for us though I think he's wrecked. Would be curious to see this though.

Sissoko    Wij    Tiote      Thauvin

Perez

Mitrovic

A lot of strength and speed in that midfield, if somehow the Tiote of his first year came back it'd be a cracking front six.

Agreed. He's got a lot of flair and vision, but isn't the most imposing midfielder so definitely needs someone who provides the muscle alongside him if he's going to be played as a central midfielder. Neither Colback or Anita are built for that, Tiote was, and if he's not part of the future plans, then there's another massive gap in the spine of the squad. Quelle surprise.

Guest chicken little

so where he has played all of his career bar an early stint on the wing, and where he would still be playing if he hadn't joined the graveyard of footballers' careers that is nufc?

so where he has played all of his career bar an early stint on the wing, and where he would still be playing if he hadn't joined the graveyard of footballers' careers that is nufc?

Mole and others said that he played as just an ordinary centre mid last year

Guest chicken little

putting aside fm style notation and whether or not he played some games deeper for psv last season, he has played the majority of his football in a more attacking role than we're giving him right now.

For us he looks better on the left coming inside to get involved in the space Mitrovic and Perez provide by forcing the opponents back. Needs an energetic left back to overlap though so would only work with Haidara and Mbabu as Dummett couldn't get up and down enough