Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I'd much rather we gave them Sissoko. Let's see if we can pull the ol' switcharoo.

I still have belief in Wijnaldum, whereas Sissoko has burnt all of my bridges.

Sissoko won't be here much longer IMO.

I'd much rather we gave them Sissoko. Let's see if we can pull the ol' switcharoo.

I still have belief in Wijnaldum, whereas Sissoko has burnt all of my bridges.

Just not sure either of them were realistically going to stay with us in the Championship. I'm excited about who comes in as their replacements. We'll be fine. There'll be money to get some good players in.

Well yeah, but let's move Sissoko on first.

And then maybe we tell Gini that we'll TOTALLY accept an offer of £X for him. (and then don't accept it).

:lol: I guess we could do that, yes.

Don't understand why anyones eager to keep Wijnaldum.  Sissoko is frustrating as fuck but I'd even rather keep him.

Because he has significantly greater footballing ability than Sissoko?

But that means fuck all if he rarely shows it.  Couldn't get motivated for most games last season.  He'll probably be even more of a unmotivated passenger in the Championship.  I don't want either him or Sissoko here.  But I do think Sissoko can at least apply himself under Benitez and lets face it, you don't need technical quality to do well in this league.

Don't understand why anyones eager to keep Wijnaldum.  Sissoko is frustrating as fuck but I'd even rather keep him.

Double figures in his first season with the shittest club in the league vs zero figures for Sissoko. I'd bin Sissoko first as well tbh.

Not that I think Sissoko will even be back, he'll go missing if there's no deal agreed soon imo.

Don't understand why anyones eager to keep Wijnaldum.  Sissoko is frustrating as f*** but I'd even rather keep him.

Double figures in his first season with the shittest club in the league vs zero figures for Sissoko. I'd bin Sissoko first as well tbh.

Not that I think Sissoko will even be back, he'll go missing if there's no deal agreed soon imo.

yep, agree with all of this.

Absolute scenes at Villa Park.

As shit as Wijnaldum was of course he did more for us last season than Sissoko.  Point is I believe Sissoko could be motivated by Benitez, I saw nowt from Wijnaldum in the last 10 games to suggest the same.  Both are going anyway, and both should go, wastes of space and nobody should want to keep either.

Guest chopey

I never saw any of his away performances apart from on TV, so was he just not scoring goals but still playing ok ? or was he just totally shit ?.

In my mind we are not selling what we had, we are selling what we could have had next season.

I am almost certain he will shine in a better team for a better manager (meaning Klopp vs McClaren), being more used to the english game, and prove that his price tag was justified.

Realistically we were never going to keep him here after relegation anyway, and in the end it's probably for the best. We get a decent amount which can be saved for improving the squad when we are back in the premiership.

I never saw any of his away performances apart from on TV, so was he just not scoring goals but still playing ok ? or was he just totally shit ?.

He was shit in basically every game from January to May home or away

Think he'll do really well there, tbh. Much better suited to a side that will have more of the ball.

He was brought in to try and help us become more of a possession side and was generally shot at it. Can't see him having much of an impact there at all tbh.

I mean if they plan on playing him in the centre of midfield with the job of keeping the side ticking over he'll be fucking awful, but as part of their front 3 or 4 he's capable of tearing sides apart. He's basically a forward - early on with us he would find space and drift into the box with ease.

He'd walk into their team imo.

They don't have anyone who is anywhere near the goal threat he is and all their attacking midfielders are just as inconsistent as he is so that can't really be used as an argument against him really.

He's an easy one to sell because his stats look decent for a new season in the Premier League. If we get over £20m that's great news as we can reinvest. The fact is away from home he was shocking and when the going gets tough he hides. He also didn't look like he was comfortable in the CM role, it's either behind the striker or wide forward. Bit of a luxury player given the money. I'm sure many will have only seen our highlights where he was doing good stuff. I imagine the same frustrations we've had will come out at Liverpool.