Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

• 2 weeks later...

Best thing for the player, and us if Rafa is here long term, that he moves on. Porto will probably sell him for a huge profit within a few years, as always appears to be the case when good young players move to that league.

Probably a mistake to let him go though if Rafa is gone next year at the end of his contract.

Best thing for the player, and us if Rafa is here long term, that he moves on. Porto will probably sell him for a huge profit within a few years, as always appears to be the case when good young players move to that league.

Probably a mistake to let him go though if Rafa is gone next year at the end of his contract.

Would like a buy-back clause if he goes. I think he has massive potential.

Aye I really like Mbemba, him & Mitrovic were very good signings that haven't quite worked out as well as they should have. Always a shame to see good players leave. Mbemba for whatever criticism he's received IE. not bothering to learn English/follow instruction (not sure if true myself), he has always applied himself on the pitch when playing and worked hard for the team when given the chance. He'll be a success in a team that puts faith in him as one of their starting defenders.

Hope we have either a sell-on or a buy-back. He'll end up moving again for big money imho.

Aye, Porto generally always shift players on for good money. I'd happily take £5-6m for a 20% sell-on fee tbh.

I really rated him so disappointed he didnt get a fair enough chance imo, if Rafa doesnt want him then I cant complain and we've become pretty solid defensively and we need funds to spend so he was pretty much a goner. If we havent got a sell on clause then whoever negotiates the deal needs to be sacked on the spot.