Man United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 39

BlueStar

The only worry is why couln't we be this organised and switched on last week. Was it that we knew we had to this week but last week it was Swansea, not on the world stage etc.

There are plenty of teams who will run into trouble at Swansea. MU look pedestrian at the moment.

hopefully, with perez' performance and thauvin's cameo, that should see the end of obertan.

he found himself in decent positions but had neither the brains or the balls to do anything.

Today was far from one of Obertans worst performances imo. Made a few good interceptions/tackles and at least tried to use his pace on the counter. No doubt he is not good enough but was far from his worst today like.

I think part of the reason we looked more organised defensively was because we had 3 in midfield instead of 2-1, Janmaat would benefit from that in front of him like the rest of the back 4 did today.

O0 spot-on. Suspect this may be a feature of games against (perceived to be) better teams/where we are expected to be on the back foot.

Taylor played great but he has to drop back to the bench next week with Janmaat back (gets Willo off the bench too).

Arsenal are a better team than Man United so need to be careful not to get carried away, if it was a lesser team I would like to see just Anita sitting with Perez much closer to Mitrovic and Thauvin in for Obertan, Sissoko for Colback.

Having said that, we have Northampton on Tuesday don't we. No reason not to play a strong team there and get some confidence into the forwards.

The only worry is why couln't we be this organised and switched on last week. Was it that we knew we had to this week but last week it was Swansea, not on the world stage etc.

We started today just as we did at Swansea in fairness, just happens Man Utd are shite.

Swansea play better football than Man Utd

They play each other next week, so we'll get to see.

Watching Obertan in the flesh really shows how lazy he is. Great stuff from Mitrovic. Colback is such a shit passer. What an accomplished footballer Gini is, always so composed and actually has a decent turn of pace to get away from defenders.

Man Utd's build up play is shocking, so pedestrian and predictable. Aside from the Smalling header at the end, they never looked like really troubling us.

Worth the 5 hour drive from Sussex, now we need to get a win on the board.

I'd keep the same back four against Arsenal. Janmaat needs to earn the shirt back.

I'd like to see.

Krul

Jan          Taylor            Colo        Had

Mbemba

Sissoko                  Win              Thauvin

Perez          Cisse\Mitrovic

Fucking nutcase

hopefully, with perez' performance and thauvin's cameo, that should see the end of obertan.

he found himself in decent positions but had neither the brains or the balls to do anything.

I've got no problem with Obertan coming off the bench here and there. We do need squad depth and options, but he shouldn't be starting.

We looked a lot more secure once we stopped trying to press them high up the pitch, and just concentrated on getting behind the ball when they were in possession. Until the last 10 minutes, when we rode our luck a bit, they didn't look like scoring in the second half.

I liked Mitrovic's performance. Against other sides, when we can get more support to him, he'll be a good player for us.

Perez plays with so much more spirit than Obertan. That alone should give him the nod.

I'd keep the same back four against Arsenal. Janmaat needs to earn the shirt back.

I'd like to see.

Krul

Mbemba

Fucking nutcase

:lol: :thup:

BT's coverage was a joke, btw. All about Man United - totally kissing arse. :( I almost forgot we were playing at times!

I'm so pleased I don't pay for it. It was "United" this, "United" that, so I was already furious by the time Scholes said "United" should be beating teams like Newcastle. I don't even care if it's true, they should at least pretend to be objective. I haven't forgotten Cole singing his "sad Geordie bastard" song when they won the FA Cup, and we weren't even there, or Owen's multiple offences. :( Don't think I'll ever consider BT for anything again tbh. Must remember to fill in every survey I get in future with this marketing information.

BT's coverage was a joke, btw. All about Man United - totally kissing arse. :( I almost forgot we were playing at times!

I'm so pleased I don't pay for it. It was "United" this, "United" that, so I was already furious by the time Scholes said "United" should be beating teams like Newcastle. I don't even care if it's true, they should at least pretend to be objective. I haven't forgotten Cole singing his "sad Geordie b******" song when they won the FA Cup, and we weren't even there, or Owen's multiple offences. :( Don't think I'll ever consider BT for anything again tbh. Must remember to fill in every survey I get in future with this marketing information.

I think Sky, BBC and ITV are just as bad for favouring the 'big' teams.

Best thing about today is Froggy getting mad as f*** at his team being dross.

I'm not mad. :lol: I just remember when Newcastle FC came to Old Trafford and tried to win. Today reminded me of when Exeter got a replay at Old Trafford. "Heroes at the back." "Great defensive performance."

:yao:

Hi Mike.

I would worry about manchester FC who have spent quarter of a billion dollars but have no threat on top.  You can control the midfield all you want but it wont get you far with no attacking threat.  Despite 70% possession you still had the same amount of real changes as Newcastle United. 

Think you need to rethink your illusion that Rooney is the answer.  He is a good footballer but not world class striker.

ManFC will be aiming for 4th at best unless they strengthen. 

I'd like to see.

Krul

Mbemba

:dowiespin:

This result will inject much needed belief and confidence into the squad and help fans accept McLaren as a manager who knows what he is doing.

My only complaint today would be why were we not playing in our famous B&W stripes, and I want them on the full shirt not half of it.

Otherwise I am happy when I fully expected to be a miserable baastaad all afternoon.

Best thing about today is Froggy getting mad as f*** at his team being dross.

I'm not mad. :lol: I just remember when Newcastle FC came to Old Trafford and tried to win. Today reminded me of when Exeter got a replay at Old Trafford. "Heroes at the back." "Great defensive performance."

:yao:

Hi Mike.

have you ever watched newcastle play manyoo at OT?

BT Sport? I thought I was watching MUTV.

Had to,laugh at the first sentence of the half-time analysis. "A good first 15 minutes, but again it's all fizzled out  and been disappointing since... [long pause] for United fans." Coverage very much geared towards the Asian /Irish overseas market.

I think Sky, BBC and ITV are just as bad for favouring the 'big' teams.

To varying degrees, sure. It was particularly egregious today though, and obvious from the start, as Mick pointed out early on in this thread. Scholes, Cole, Owen, Webb as their team, man.

:lol: I am cross about this and won't have any reasonableness. CROSS, I tell you!