Man United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 39

BlueStar

Absolutely great team performance, no passengers today. Excellent.

Agreed, apart from Colback and Obertan.

:thup: Would have taken these two off at HT, put Aarons and Thauvin on, pushed Perez up front with Mitrovic and Wijnaldum back in the middle, and had a right go with 442. The extra center midfielder we had didn't make a jot of a difference, and I would have much rather played a more expansive game using more of the pitch. Really could have won this.

on the other side man utd looked clueless in attack, hitting the post aside krul was hardly making saves left right and centre

Two world class saves from Hernandez and Mata. Colo blocked three shots as well that were on target. How anyone can say Colo wasn't MOTM is beyond me. He saved it from being a spanking.

Any goal keeper in the league would have saved from Mata :lol: , Krul did fuck all other than Hernandez save. A lot of shots+possession doesn't = spanking.

Looked much better defensively when Wijnaldum dropped alongside Colback and Anita sitting, think McClaren will realise pretty quickly that 4231 just doesn't work with these players.

I would have probably collapsed if that counter went in :lol:

Let out a big oooooo and fell over and layed down :lol:

So unlucky not to win it. Rooney is impotent. Man U a load of fart and no s***. Defensively we have been excellent. Not hung on by the skin of our teeth as much as the stats would suggest. We were organized and disciplined. Perez MOTM imo for dat tracking back!

:lol:

on the other side man utd looked clueless in attack, hitting the post aside krul was hardly making saves left right and centre

Two world class saves from Hernandez and Mata. Colo blocked three shots as well that were on target. How anyone can say Colo wasn't MOTM is beyond me. He saved it from being a spanking.

If this was a potential Man Utd spanking then you have to be worried for your title chances this season.

Couldnt help myself but have a look on RTG  :lol:

Granted they thought well for a point, but fuck me mbemba looks like he can't stand up, thauvin looked toss, mortification not great. Another day and man u could have put 4 or 5 passed them. They were all over the place in the first half.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/man-utd-vs-mugs.1122544/page-5#ixzz3jYF2x0IF

Turning a spanking into a clean sheet is some achievement.

This team, Palace and the Mackem are the teams to beat this season. Mackems, Pardew, van Gaal and Froggy all deserve to rot.

:lol: Out of the teams you mentioned you might get a point at home to Sunderland.

No chance on Saturday. :p

You were saying?

If this was a potential Man Utd spanking then you have to worried for your title chances this season.

I worry for Newcastle FC when a great performance is being stuck in your own box for 80 mins and having zero shots on target.

If this was a potential Man Utd spanking then you have to worried for your title chances this season.

I worry for Newcastle FC when a great performance is being stuck in your own box for 80 mins and having zero shots on target.

We had as many clear cut chances as you like :lol:

Can't complain about the point.

They only had a couple ofgood chances, same as us really, but it's always worrying when you spend so much time that deep inviting pressure. Only takes ones mistake to lose it.

Can't complain about any of the performances except Obertan, but that goes without saying. Would have loved to see Thauvin toe that in at the end.

Still waiting to see what we're meant to be about going forward. We haven't really played football yet.

Absolutely great team performance, no passengers today. Excellent.

Agreed, apart from Colback and Obertan.

:thup: Would have taken these two off at HT, put Aarons and Thauvin on, pushed Perez up front with Mitrovic and Wijnaldum back in the middle, and had a right go with 442. The extra center midfielder we had didn't make a jot of a difference, and I would have much rather played a more expansive game using more of the pitch. Really could have won this.

:lol: No way man, they would have destroyed us. The extra man protected the key zone in front of Saylor and Colo were Mata, Rooney, Januzaj and even Depay were trying to break. No chance to get anything from that game with 4-4-2

And also Colo blocked Valencia's shot, which was a certain goal, with his back and had no idea. We were a bit lucky.

Brilliant performance. :frantic: Fair to say fitness still a problem seeing how we faded in the last half hour? or was that just the fact we were playing man u?

So promising from so many players. Props to Colocinni and Taylor. Shots fired back at their detractors.